Hell of Hunterdon 2017

fidodie

Staff member

The Kalmyk

do these come on new bikes? :D

will make a game day decision - have an s-blade. you should have one, since i'll be behind you.

the folks here have freely shared the way of the bike, i only seek to be a worthy student.

Lol, I know what you're getting at. There are many deviations of this tire I should have been more specific. The madel I'm referring to are the Supreme HS 469

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
do these come on new bikes? :D

will make a game day decision - have an s-blade. you should have one, since i'll be behind you.

the folks here have freely shared the way of the bike, i only seek to be a worthy student.

Inside of front fender and bottom bracket from Sunday's ride.

The problems with fenders in super muck conditions is that you run the risk of them packing with mud. I once wore a line in a tire when that happened. I doubt this will happen on the HOH roads though. I will be on my EVO unless it is horrid conditions (not your version of the word).

@rick81721 that is an ass saver and prevents the mud strip up your back. The item this year is a cycling cap.

hotsauce

Just an FYI. If you are stuck with a flat on 4000s, Evo Corsas, or Turbo Cottons, I'm leaving you for dead.
I managed to tear a nice hole in the sidewall of a GP4000sii last year at Fools Classic, didn't flat though! Tread protection was fine but the sidewalls were thin.

edit: for those curious I was on the 23mm flavor with Pacenti SL23 v2 rims. Tires measured 27.5-28mm and were fine.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I managed to tear a nice hole in the sidewall of a GP4000sii last year at Fools Classic, didn't flat though! Tread protection was fine but the sidewalls were thin.

edit: for those curious I was on the 23mm flavor with Pacenti SL23 v2 rims. Tires measured 27.5-28mm and were fine.
The II's measured 28? The old 4000s were maybe 2 mm larger than the size but I have found they are more true to size in the II's. +5 mm seems like a stretch. In any case, the dirt roads in the Fools Classic use a much larger stone than the NJ side.

FTR, I run the II's all year except for HOH when you don't always have the luxury of picking your line.

hotsauce

@stb222, I measured both tires with a caliper gauge and they were both above 27.5mm. I forget the exact measurement. The SL23 v2's measure 20.3mm internal so certain tires end up VERY large on them. I can't run 23mm 4000sii's on my 2015 SuperSix EVO without tire rub on the NDS chain stay.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@stb222, I measured both tires with a caliper gauge and they were both above 27.5mm. I forget the exact measurement. The SL23 v2's measure 20.3mm internal so certain tires end up VERY large on them. I can't run 23mm 4000sii's on my 2015 SuperSix EVO without tire rub on the NDS chain stay.
Interesting, I can fit 27 Vittoria Pave's on my 2015 EVO on Dura Ace C24's