Heated Footwear..what ya got?

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
you crazy man.
How so? I have a pair of their "winter " booties. No insulation at all. I have the mtb ones. plus the velco does not hold when the snow gets on them and ices up. I have to duct tape these on.
1389113373238-1ld38nwg429af-1200-80.jpg

REVIEW HERE:

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/clothing/shoes/product/review-sidi-hydro-gtx-14-47951/

Last edited:

gtluke

The Moped
How so? I have a pair of their "winter " booties. No insulation at all. I have the mtb ones. plus the velco does not hold when the snow gets on them and ices up. I have to duck tape these on.
1389113373238-1ld38nwg429af-1200-80.jpg

REVIEW HERE:

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/clothing/shoes/product/review-sidi-hydro-gtx-14-47951/

oh, for winter stuff, yeah. That's what I was saying before. The difference between the lake's and others is huge. But sidi makes the best footwear I think. I wear sidi's on the bicycle and motorbikes.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Mentioned this in another thread - start with warm shoes. if the shoes/boots are coming out of the trunk, and onto the feet at -0c,
they will never warm up. Even throwing them in a cold car when leaving means they don't have enough thermal mass to hang in.
I have a ski-boot warmer (plug into the "lighter" or wall) - works great. shoes go on, covers go over, and feel the burn!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mentioned this in another thread - start with warm shoes. if the shoes/boots are coming out of the trunk, and onto the feet at -0c,
they will never warm up. Even throwing them in a cold car when leaving means they don't have enough thermal mass to hang in.
I have a ski-boot warmer (plug into the "lighter" or wall) - works great. shoes go on, covers go over, and feel the burn!

I have this warmer. It’s the shit.
It was like 29 bucks 3 years ago. It’s been on 24/7/365 since in my garage. As soon as I get home from a ride I throw my shoes on.

Even in the summer I throw my gloves on and somehow it keeps them from getting overly funky.

AEFF8D91-2D86-436B-845C-CE481E47F7D3.jpeg

Kaleidopete

So...I’ve been looking into the warm shoe thing lately.
It looks like what is important is the Thinsulate gram rating.
Theoretically the higher the rating the warmer they are.
Some advertise their rating @ -10° to -40° and those ratings
don’t always correspond to the gram rating, a little confusing.
I’m not even sure a higher gram rating would help my cold feet.
I know many swear by the 45NRTH boots, but looking at the
specs they are not that great compared to regular hiking boots.
The WÖLVHAMMER is rated at 200g, the same as the Merrell
Polarand Rove that I wear now and I don‘t think they are very warm.
I guess if you need to clip in the 45NRTH are the answer.
Here are some boots I’ve looked into.

45NRTH WØLFGAR 400g -25 $475 no weight listed
45NRTH WÖLVHAMMER 200g 0 $325 no weight listed
Rocky 9" Blizzard Stalker Pro 1200g 9” tall $110 5.5 lbs
SOREL CONQUEST BOOTS 400g, $125, rated -40° $124 5 lb 9oz
Korkers Polar Vortex 600 Snow Boots 11”, 600g, -40 $230 5 lb 9oz
Schnee's Extreme Pack Boot 400g weight 5 lb 14 oz $360
Kenetrek 400-Gram Mountain Extreme 400g $475 weight 4.2 lbs
COLUMBIA BUGABOOT PLUS OMNI-HEAT 600g, $145, -25 weight 3.5 lbs
KEEN SUMMIT COUNTRY WINTER BOOT $160 400g weight 3.5 lbs
Merrell Men's Moab Polar Waterproof 6.5, high 400g, $110 2 lbs 10oz
Vasque Snowburban II UltraDry Winter Boots 400g, $120/160 weight 3.5 lbs

RSAmerica

IMG_1617.jpg
IMG_1618.jpg

The advantage of a Northwave type boot (below) with heat, is it is much less bulky vs the 45North type (above).
IMG_1619.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Could've used something other than warmer socks and the shoe insert heat reflectors. After 1 hr my toes were completely numb.

Stinkin NJ from Nov - Mar

gtluke

The Moped
I have this warmer. It’s the shit.
It was like 29 bucks 3 years ago. It’s been on 24/7/365 since in my garage. As soon as I get home from a ride I throw my shoes on.

Even in the summer I throw my gloves on and somehow it keeps them from getting overly funky.

View attachment 59411

I've been having anxiety since you posted this. Can you please unplug this when not in use. I can't imagine you trying to run out of a burning garage in flip flops.

Do not trust anything if it's made in China and has a plug.

Top Bottom