Heart monitors

I gave up on the Garmin hrm causa the above issues. I sweat 1.5 Norms Per Ride. If you're below 0.9 NPR, the salt build up won't be an issue. Above, Ticklr. Zero issues after 6 months. Plus it has a blue light

My I have to replace my Garmin straps every 6-9 months like clockwork for the obvious reason. Looks like I'm going to give the Ticklr a go.

The Ticklr hasn't failed me yet. Took it off today dripping with sweat. And when I put it on, I wet the two areas on the strap a little and it syncs right up.

I have the Scosche Rhythm+, it's a light based monitor and if you read the reviews of the tech it is supposed to be more accurate than the electrical based ones. Given that all top athletes use the electrical based chest straps this may just be marketing, so read the reviews and make your own call. I like it other than the strap, it is falling apart and seems to be a flaw in the design, hopefully they fix it. I seem to get consistent results and being a data nerd its fun to look at how close to death I come on some climbs. I push 190 - 200 on big efforts early in rides, hr seems to smooth out to 130-160 regardless of effort as I get warmed up but it really spikes early in rides. It feels accurate but I have nothing to gauge against as I have never used a hr monitor before and have only been using this one for four months or so.

The band is pretty annoying on this thing. I may have to try the shorter band and put it on my wrist.

IMG_8369.jpg

After a 2 year hiatus I'm back on the heart monitor bandwagon. But chest monitors are really annoying so I wanted to try something different. Got the mio velo and so far it works great. Key is placement - the first time I wore it the heart rate was shit but then I realized it was too close to my hand and loose enough that the large tendons in my wrist were pushing it away from the skin. Moving it up the arm a few inches solved that and now it works great. So far

363B_9.png

Back
Top Bottom