Headphones Recommendations

bigmike

These would be used for running...does anyone recommend any headphones that dont fall out of your ears. I usually put my i pod in my pocket or clip on my shorts...i have bought several pairs from what the sales people suggest, but do not like them. the cord is to short, they fall out of my ears to easy. just wanted to see what people like, so i stop wasting my money. thanks

Shaggz

A strong 7
Try getting the holder that straps around your arm/bicep, and use sports tape to hold the phones in place.

soulchild

These would be used for running...does anyone recommend any headphones that dont fall out of your ears. I usually put my i pod in my pocket or clip on my shorts...i have bought several pairs from what the sales people suggest, but do not like them. the cord is to short, they fall out of my ears to easy. just wanted to see what people like, so i stop wasting my money. thanks

I used to use this Nike pair and they were ok...
0d5c5431-5ba9-4170-be70-ebe2ddf8aa8b.jpg

now I use BackBeat 903's... you can find them online for like $40 since they aren't new anymore...
backbeat903_lo.jpg

MikeP

Skullcandy chops have worked real well for me. Cheap, comfy, they stay in, and have decent sound

Stocky

You need an IEM , ( in ear monitor ) not an ear bud that just rests in your ear .
I use the Triple Fi 10's from Ultimate Ears , they are SPECTACULAR in every way . Once in a while you will catch them on sale on Amazon for $99 for the pair , otherwise expect to pay close to $200 or more for them .
There's also a very specific manner in which you insert them into your ear to get a proper seal .
If your into your music , you'll never regret this purchase .

Turbotrix

I run a lot with these and I love them...

JVC HA-FX35-B Soft Marshmallow Stereo Headphones

They're dirt cheap ($12), they sound great and have a nice long cord. They're nice and soft and stay in my ears no matter what.

I tried ones from Skull Candy last year but returned them after one day. The sound was much flatter and they cost 3x as much.

-Jeff

Thin Diesel

I've tried a bunch of different ones including skull candy & sony. Now I'm using the Dr. Dre Beats ear buds and like them a lot. not only great sound but they stay in your ear better than anything i've used. the design is such that the bud goes in your ear pretty deep plus they come with lots of rubber buds to find the best fit for your ear. I have not had any problems with these falling out.

skaterqwertyuiop

All I can say is don't buy skullcandys. I have owned 4 pairs, and all of them have jack issues (and more sometimes). If the connecting piece gets bent in the slightest the sound goes out in one ear. It's the same with all of them. Thankfully Skullcandy has a lifetime warranty and sent me a free pair of headphones... Only to find that out of the box they have the same issue. Great customer service, pretty bad products. I own the GI, ink'd, and 2 pairs of smokin buds. The GI has the least issues, but it's too big to wear everyday.
And yes, I know this has very little to do with helping you find good headphones for running. Save your time and money :D

Robson

I run a lot with these and I love them...

JVC HA-FX35-B Soft Marshmallow Stereo Headphones

They're dirt cheap ($12), they sound great and have a nice long cord. They're nice and soft and stay in my ears no matter what.

I tried ones from Skull Candy last year but returned them after one day. The sound was much flatter and they cost 3x as much.

-Jeff

I just bought them the other day based on your recommendation and so far I'm very happy. Stays and in my ears and sound quality is very good. Thank you!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I've been a fan of the SkullCandys. I had the cheezy ones at first (the ones mentioned above) and yes, they do go after about a year. But they're also like $20 at Target so I wouldn't expect too much more. I broke down and bought the FMJs. They use a braided metal headphone wire and beefy jack so they take a good beating. The ones I have currently are about 2 years old...

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/fmj-black.html

-Jim.

THATmanMANNY

Coming to the end of my dozen $3 pairs from a few years ago. The cord/connector keeps breaking.

Looking for some better then average non bluetooth ones, over ear, with replaceable cord.

OR earbuds you've had last a couple years?

Suggestions?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Non Bluetooth options are going to be limited. Everyone making headphones worth wearing are wireless.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Non Bluetooth options are going to be limited. Everyone making headphones worth wearing are wireless.

Skull Candy should meet his needs. But this is Manny, so he will try to get a $100 value for $3...

rick81721

Lothar
Coming to the end of my dozen $3 pairs from a few years ago. The cord/connector keeps breaking.

Looking for some better then average non bluetooth ones, over ear, with replaceable cord.

Suggestions?

I use these (Bose soundsport) for running - work great even when I sweat like a pig and they last a long time

BOSE-In-Ear-Headphones.jpg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Suggestions?

Shure SE series all day. They are professional buds made for live performance and range from like $100 - $1k+. Well worth the money, even on the low end. The cables are kevlar reinforced and detach from the ear buds making every piece replaceable/repairable. The warranty is amazing too. I had a puppy chew up a pair of the se535's (over $500 new), mailed them in under warranty and got a brand new pair back...no questions asked.

Top Bottom