Have Lights List

bergsnj

I've been using the Magic Shine MJ-906 light this year. It is super bright and very good quality. it puts out an honest 2500 lumens (despite the false claim of 5000). I like the wireless remote and it is about 1/2 the cost of other lights with this kind of performance. here is a link:https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...86427:kwd-317271383743&ref=pd_sl_1trl264ibg_e

and this is a cool site that tests all kinds of riding lights. This shows the performance of the MJ-906: http://www.wetestlights.com/test.php?l=226&n=MJ-906

there is a video on this instagram post:

thegock

The gang from last night in the Land of Make Believe from my Cateye 700 helmet light.

All four of us had different lighting setups, but two of us ran cheap, Chinese Cree's off six cell batteries.

SLIMY MUD IMG_20181112_190622-02.jpg

Tim

aka sptimmy43
So I was riding Harts late yesterday afternoon and I came across 4 other riders with no lights whatsoever. I was baffled at how they could navigate leaf covered trails in near pitch darkness. That sure doesn't seem like the safe thing to do. Even some cheap lights would be better than none.

one piece crank

This time of year I just leave lights/batteries mounted, but last Sunday I pulled everything and when for a ride in the SUN. Crazy! I was home before 3pm though...

Reactions: Tim

rick81721

Lothar
Knog Blinders, $35-$50, bomb proof, the first taillight i didn't murder and bright AF with different patterns. Look no further.

Achilles heal of Knog - cold weather + older unit = shit battery life. Mine died today a little after 1 hr!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Achilles heal of Knog - cold weather + older unit = shit battery life. Mine died today a little after 1 hr!
on constant blink, mine is some where between 3-4 hours when cold. Charge after every ride. SOLVED. Wood still buy again.

rick81721

Lothar
on constant blink, mine is some where between 3-4 hours when cold. Charge after every ride. SOLVED. Wood still buy again.

I charge mine after every ride, too. But don't use it that often. Maybe that's why it dies quickly? Anywho, I guess I'll get more brackets to put the Dinotte quad on my mtbs

nj6964

I just got a cygolite metro after getting caught past dark a few weeks ago. Can’t wait to use it. I’m in North Jersey

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am officially done with Knog blinders. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me three times, shame on me. #3 is a little over 1 year old, full charge died today in 30 minutes. Adios!

View attachment 108978

iv had good luck with both my nitrider sentinel and my bontrager flare r, the sentinel being 7ish years old and still holds a charge for 15+ hours (on the brightest flash setting) of ride time at last measure. the laser lines are gimmicky, but it was a gift so w/e just buy the version without or ignore them, they work on a separate button)

rick81721

Lothar
iv had good luck with both my nitrider sentinel and my bontrager flare r, the sentinel being 7ish years old and still holds a charge for 15+ hours (on the brightest flash setting) of ride time at last measure. the laser lines are gimmicky, but it was a gift so w/e just buy the version without or ignore them, they work on a separate button)

I have a dinotte quad that I use on the road bike - works great, super bright, rechargeable and lasts forever. Will just put a bracket on the mtb seatposts to use same

rick81721

Lothar
\\

What setting are you running it in for that run time? im getting decent run time on mine. 3+ hrs on solid and slow flash modes

Usual blinking mode. They work fine for about a year, after that, forget it.

Just got this Lezyne strip pro 300 - holy crap is this bright

20191031_144728.jpg

kbajaj

Anyone ride is central Jersey area after work? I am in Middlesex county and would love to use the lights!

gpTron

I bought 3 of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N463Z7Q/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reviews seem solid and I figure I can put one on my helmet, and the other 2 on my bars. If that winds up being overkill then great, I'll take one off and keep it in my bag as a backup. I'll test them out tomorrow night on my tiny backyard trail when they arrive and update this post with feedback.

Edit: So I tested them yesterday after they arrived in my backyard. Seems like they'll be a nice light to use. Can't wait to try them out on a real trail.

Last edited:

Gene

The Dancing Machine
I've been reviewing bike lights and seem to always come back to the light and motion brand. The Bontrager is around the same price range, but Light and Motion appears to be the only U.S. based company.

Top Bottom