Have Lights List

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
does the Niterider have that passing lane marker like the 150?

yea i actually have the older model (150, or maybe older than that) with the laser lane (thats what they call it), the sentinel line has the laser lines the sola line does not

and niterider warranties the mount for the sentinel for life, i found that out recently, nice perk

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Having had a woman roll down her window and politely tell me she couldn’t see me until she was close to me. I had lights up the wazoo and she still couldn’t see me. Honestly, I’m with Rick now..... L=L+1 mo lights mo betta!

one piece crank

I think I'll retire my taillight to back-up duty. The CygoLite/Niterider/PlanetBike models in 65-150 lumen range all look good to me. I have zero street lights (just deer, foxes and other critters) and typically only see 2-3 cars when I'm out in the AM. Once it gets cold out, 50% of my ride will change to edging farmer's fields.

Oh, the best taillight name award goes to: Grateful Red, by Plant Bike

rick81721

Lothar
this looks like overkill, and may blind them as they pass, which is never a good thing
Are you using it?

Yes I've had one for years. There are multiple settings, you can use a lower brightness setting but unless I'm riding with someone else, I leave it in epileptic mode.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I've got a Cygolite like the one a few posts back. I rarely ride with others but when I do they do not like being behind me. I notice a difference in the way traffic behaves behind me when it's on, even in the daytime.

one piece crank

Anyone find any "new" lights with internal battery pack, that don't break the bank? I have a few decent lights, just wondering if I could get rid of the little bags and cords hanging on my handlebars. This is for unlit On-road, riding to Off-road use...

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Anyone find any "new" lights with internal battery pack, that don't break the bank? I have a few decent lights, just wondering if I could get rid of the little bags and cords hanging on my handlebars. This is for unlit On-road, riding to Off-road use...
I’m in the market for new lights myself. I bought a nightrider with an internal battery pack as an alternative to my old magicshine lights. I think it’s 900 or 1000 lumens. I was underwhelmed with it, especially with the battery life. My “Chinashines” are probably 6-7 years old and they are still working ok. These look interesting yet expensive: https://www.outboundlighting.com . I also want to get a light that attaches seamlessly with a go pro mount.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m in the market for new lights myself. I bought a nightrider with an internal battery pack as an alternative to my old magicshine lights. I think it’s 900 or 1000 lumens. I was underwhelmed with it, especially with the battery life.

I find this mildly surprising. I'm using several year old Niterider 750's and still love them. I run one on the bars and one on the helmet, both on medium brightness, and I get like three hours out of them. They go 1.5-2 hours on high.

thegock

The Cateye Rapid X3 is the best taillight that I have tried.

https://express.google.com/u/0/prod..._cu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt,eid-ygcnqnyulq>im=CP_Z-onkx8jMgAEQ18e_r-vBnrRSGICOzhwiA1VTRCiQnvXdBQ&utm_campaign=9273173&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3KzdBRDWARIsAIJ8TMTbDGnR_IwCGn_YaADejne6oIQ1PeeAfOPafyMu3mx9rYhVYcfUQiwaAkHlEALw_wcB

The battery life is excellent and I have one on each of my bikes for convenience. If a battery is dead at the beginning of the ride, I will just switch the light with another bike and set the dead one to bake on the charger. They charge up quickly, too.

Because I liked the Rapid X3 so much, I got a white one for my primary blinky up front. The Niterider Lumina mini 400 is my second front blinky.

That being said, I am a believer in diversification. I also run a blinking slapband ($2+/-) on my left ankle for the 2 or 3 miles up to the trails on the MTB and a second taillight on the roadbike 24x7.

This way Mrs. Gock's lawyer can ask the SUV driving soccer mom in the deposition after I die whether she missed all 16 blinking lights, when she inevitably hits me by accident.

thegock

I find this mildly surprising. I'm using several year old Niterider 750's and still love them. I run one on the bars and one on the helmet, both on medium brightness, and I get like three hours out of them. They go 1.5-2 hours on high.

Agree with @JimN. The Niterider Lumina is my primary backup light for night riding. My 500 (NOT the Mini) was dead reliable for six years, but I lost it this summer. It never failed. It was so reliable that I now use the 400 Mini as a front blinky 24x7 on the road.

Just ordered the replacement Niterider Lumina 950 two days ago. The 950 (NOT the Mini) is half the price ($70) and twice the lumens-amazing.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I’m in the market for new lights myself. I bought a nightrider with an internal battery pack as an alternative to my old magicshine lights. I think it’s 900 or 1000 lumens. I was underwhelmed with it, especially with the battery life. My “Chinashines” are probably 6-7 years old and they are still working ok. These look interesting yet expensive: https://www.outboundlighting.com . I also want to get a light that attaches seamlessly with a go pro mount.

I just went all in and bought a couple of Outbound Lighting lights. I have only used one once but initial impressions were very good. You can attach them with a GoPro mount if you swap out the rubber band mount. From what I understand the Niterider lights lose output rapidly as the battery depletes. I want to say the lumen output is like half of what it starts at within 30 minutes. MTBR has some good comparisons and data on these things.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
My mistake, I was way off, I have a serfas 750. Not sure why I thought it was a niterider.

Last edited:
Top Bottom