Have Lights List

hit me up via PM if you are interested in a very very late afternoon ride. very casual pace but very technical riding, so be sure you can ride rocks decently.

what's the latest and greatest for lights this year? I've got two sets of chinese LEDs that are still chugging along, but looking for ideas for stocking stuffers for myself

What run time are you getting out of this? My cateye 800 has started stepping down at about 1:15.
I haven't run it down, I've used it for only a hour to an hour and a half. Settings are high and medium and I always use it high. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

I like the Cygolite expilion 850, small and you can swap out batteries. also the new Niterider Lumina 950 looks very nice, and a great price.

Loving my (2) Lumina 750 Boost lights. Plenty for night time!

Do you ever use the boost? Looks like it kills the battery pretty quickly. I run the older non-boost Niterider 750's, usually on medium and they are still good enough for me.

Still love the dinotte xml3, tho the ext battery is getting old. run time lower than it used to be, esp in cold. thinking of getting a new one (site says they now have more capacity) and use the old one as backup.

Are those of you using this ( @JimN @DownhillR3 ), also supplementing with a helmet light? If so, what make/model?

I'm using the older 750 without the boost. I run one on the helmet and one on the bars, and I have a third in my Camelback just in case. I run both on medium and it's fine, but high would be better on fast downhills. I just go slow on downhills instead.

@huffster @JimN

Jim, I have not used Boost mode, yet. PS, I'm PhantomRider on Strava, we must ride together! Next week, PM me your schedule... I'm off until the New Year.

Huffster. I run one 750 on my helmet and one on my handlebar. Ample light for sure, zero complaints. Even at high speeds, I run Medium for trail riding and uphills and bump up to High setting for the downhills.

Used my Bontrager 800 this morning. I ran it on high for about 80 minutes and when I recharged it at home it only took 15 minutes to fully charge.
So I guess it didn't use much.

full on.
Early morning05.jpg

Back
Top Bottom