Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Snuck in a ride after work just before the rain. The trails were near perfect. They were pretty much the Hartshorne equivalent of hero dirt. Seems like the rain is going to stay light so the trails should remain great all week.

I also noticed that MCPS has installed new sections of split rail fence across trail heads to hiking only trails. There are also an insane amount of rogue lines forming throughout the park. There are several more since my last ride here on Saturday. I hope the new fences and signs are not in response to bikes. If they are we're going to have a problem soon...

RSAmerica

I rode Hartshorne & Huber too, it was great. There is so much horse shit in Huber it ‘s regenerating the trails.

Reactions: Tim

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Spotted the "Chainsaw Guy" on my ride after work today. I don't think he was up to anything as he wasn't even wearing shirt let alone carrying any tools.

Trails are mint.

RobW

Spotted the "Chainsaw Guy" on my ride after work today. I don't think he was up to anything as he wasn't even wearing shirt let alone carrying any tools.

Trails are mint.
Nice to hear. Dragging the new bike around tomorrow around 10am

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
865B2903-E212-4857-800A-18455DADDA6D.jpeg

rmap01

Rode Harts yesterday evening. As others have stated the trails are primo... probably as good as I've ever experienced there (sans that one small area by the bridge at Rocky Point that just doesn't seem to want to dry out). Shout out to those doing the TM!

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Potentially interested in riding harts tomorrow, anyone have an update on conditions after the rain?
I live in the area. We did get heavy rains; however, this park drains well and also the trees are blooming. By tomorrow afternoon you will be fine. I suspect today will be fine too.

Karate Monkey

Large, branch-y tree down over the sandiest turn in Huber (Many Log Run, where it passes closest to the road). Not an issue clockwise, but if you are tearing down the hill counter-clockwise, you can slam right into it if you aren't on the brakes.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I rode Hartshorne after work yesterday. There is a tree down at the bottom of Splinter/Cookie Monster. It's hoppable but in an awkward spot and can definitely catch you off guard if you're ripping.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode Hartshorne after work yesterday. There is a tree down at the bottom of Splinter/Cookie Monster. It's hoppable but in an awkward spot and can definitely catch you off guard if you're ripping.
What trail is splinter/cookie monster? Been riding there for decades and never heard those names

SmooveP

What trail is splinter/cookie monster? Been riding there for decades and never heard those names
They're Strava segment names. Don't feel bad - I've been riding there for almost 30 years and I don't know half of the actual trail names...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions