Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

rmap01

Unless the park is closed it’s probably better not to know. It can be a bit unnerving if you ever see someone in the lot putting their camo on, getting their weapon and heading out in the same direction you’re riding.

Dajerseyrat

Unless the park is closed it’s probably better not to know. It can be a bit unnerving if you ever see someone in the lot putting their camo on, getting their weapon and heading out in the same direction you’re riding.
I see that all the time at six mile run. They bow hunt in the fall. Chances are they are leaving the park by 10am anyway, those guys are there before Dawn.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
There is a sign with the dates for deer hunting at the trail head on Navesink Ave. I'll take a picture of it and post it up. I'll probably be there some time early this afternoon.

caferacer

Found this the other day.
20181114_104032_HDR.jpg

Dajerseyrat

Trails we're in decent shape. Some of the lower lying areas of Rocky point and Laurel ridge had some big mud sections but 90% of the trails we're fine. There was a huge downed tree on Rocky point. And apparently" trail head" was not what I assumed..I was disappointed...lol

Attachments

• IMG_20181117_133630~2.jpg
    IMG_20181117_133630~2.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20181117_133613~2.jpg
    IMG_20181117_133613~2.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20181117_124317~2.jpg
    IMG_20181117_124317~2.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20181117_123115~2.jpg
    IMG_20181117_123115~2.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20181117_121926~2.jpg
    IMG_20181117_121926~2.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 110

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Trails we're in decent shape. Some of the lower lying areas of Rocky point and Laurel ridge had some big mud sections but 90% of the trails we're fine. There was a huge downed tree on Rocky point. And apparently" trail head" was not what I assumed..I was disappointed...lol

I think this is the tree you were talking about on Grand Tour. It uprooted taking the trail tread with it. There were 3 other downed trees that I came across. The others were all on Rocky Point.
20181117_181241286_iOS.jpg

You can tell I am not a photographer. That is a terrible picture. The tree is massive and the hole where it was is actually quite deep.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I did TM there today. Ridable today with some slick spots. Rocky point was good.

What kind of work did you do? Looked like a bunch of new drainage channels were cut into the low areas and some of the muck was removed. It seems like there were more trail markers, too.

Mtbdog

I think this is the tree you were talking about on Grand Tour. It uprooted taking the trail tread with it. There were 3 other downed trees that I came across. The others were all on Rocky Point.
View attachment 81093
You can tell I am not a photographer. That is a terrible picture. The tree is massive and the hole where it was is actually quite deep.
What is the proper approach to fixing this type of situation if found on your local trail? Do you cut into the bank on the left or do you fill in the hole on the right? Thanks

Dajerseyrat

View attachment 81093
The one I'm talking about was across the trail blocking it. Same size tree.

Reactions: Tim

Dajerseyrat

What is the proper approach to fixing this type of situation if found on your local trail? Do you cut into the bank on the left or do you fill in the hole on the right? Thanks
I would think cutting into the bank and using some of that material as backfill for the hole would work.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions