Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

terrabike01

I'm curious to know, will tomorrow be worth making a trip down to ride? Or maybe check out 6mr? maybe chimney rock?
I was at Chimney Rock yesterday doing some trail grooming! The red, white and blue were pretty rideable. The yellow and orange weren't really rideable as of yesterday anyway. With some warmer temps today it might be a little grippier.

Bernard H

I am hoping! I just got a brand new Trance 2 and have the day off tomorrow, so I NEED to ride somewhere, hahaha. I cant look at it any longer in my living room without riding it.
IMG_3950.JPG

Bernard H

Better off with skis or a snowboard. I was riding 2.4 Maxxis High roller II's at 20psi and had zero control. Snow was too melty so it was hard to float on top of. Nonetheless, it was a bomb workout. Got 10 miles in still.

GeorgeR

Better off with skis or a snowboard. I was riding 2.4 Maxxis High roller II's at 20psi and had zero control. Snow was too melty so it was hard to float on top of. Nonetheless, it was a bomb workout. Got 10 miles in still.
Cool thanks. I may check it out this afternoon. Just stick to the main trails and fire road

Bernard H

The fire road was covered in about 5-10 inches, the entire road. Main trails were the same, if not worse. Follow my tire tracks lol!

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Agree. But after all the snow melt and rain I would be careful about icy patches

Eh. The snow was 99% gone yesterday and the rain stopped a while ago. Now it's windy AF and still above freezing. My guess is that there won't be much ice. Might actually be pretty good once the surface freezes again.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part. Still wise to take it easy on the first lap.

rustynuts

It's mud as of today, Saturday. I did not venture out but read the local strava reports, please give it some time, I doubt Sunday will be dry....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions