Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Mrdlegend

Any info on riding conditions in Hartshorne/Huber? I was there last week before the snow and it was great.
I was there yesterday starting at noontime. Although it was in the mid-20s, and still primarily frozen, the sun had started to thaw the top 1/4" in areas making it a bit slick so I treaded lightly in those spots. But for the most part it was fine- not really even kicking up where it was slick. A little warmer today but maybe if it is cloudy it will remain frozen.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I rode today around 10, it was greasy at rocky point. The rest was good. I think if you get out early you should be good. Otherwise when it warms up its going to be sloppy. I did see a mtbnj member, maybe he can chime in.

Mrdlegend

Anyone think it'll be rideable tomorrow? Or too much muck?
I'm thinking with temps hitting 32 by 8am and sunshine, it's going to get muddy in areas. I think what happened there is the snow melted, the ground is wet, then froze up but the freeze/thaw cycle this week keeps causing muddy conditions

Tim

aka sptimmy43
So does anyone have a first hand trail report? Did 50+ degrees, sunny and windy work any magic?

CommandoStyle

Huber woods and Laurel Ridge were in good shape. I stayed out of grand tour and rocky point, the lower sections are probably mucky in the usual spots.

Mrdlegend

That puddle has been there ALL SEASON.. Every single time we rode.
Yeah, I think all the rain in the last year or so has caused it to stay wet there. Seems someone made a little side trail after the bridge as you’re heading up to the upper lot? Also, someone made a cut off of the trail right past there as well- the trail used to go up a short steep push around a tree and now it cuts below it. I’ve seen the same in a few other areas too where it seems someone is trying to take out some hard parts

Dajerseyrat

Yeah, I think all the rain in the last year or so has caused it to stay wet there. Seems someone made a little side trail after the bridge as you’re heading up to the upper lot? Also, someone made a cut off of the trail right past there as well- the trail used to go up a short steep push around a tree and now it cuts below it. I’ve seen the same in a few other areas too where it seems someone is trying to take out some hard parts
I saw a what looked like a gap jump, over the creek, coming down of an unsanctioned trail around that area also. I like doing the hard parts at Hartshorn. And I know that trail around the tree part well, you can go high or low, depending on your mood. Its been there since I started riding Hartshorn again this past summer.

Dajerseyrat

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190312_110056.jpg
    MVIMG_20190312_110056.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20190312_110042.jpg
    IMG_20190312_110042.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 92

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions