Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

CrankAddictRich

I feel like this year's leaf litter is worse than the last 2 seasons... like it all hit super heavy in the last 3 weeks, as opposed to being spread out more evenly through out the fall.

rmap01

Yeah, I'd hate to ride Kingdom like flow trails, those neglected, eroded

Lol. Rode Kingdom for the first time a few months ago. Those trails are awesome and impeccably maintained. But I believe they also have the funds for a dedicated TM group.

Mrdlegend

I feel like this year's leaf litter is worse than the last 2 seasons... like it all hit super heavy in the last 3 weeks, as opposed to being spread out more evenly through out the fall.
I think it is because the leaves took longer to change and then when they did we had some big wind events to take a large amount down all at once

rmap01

Interesting that you ask. I did notice a number of markers with a blue square or black diamond which I thought were new. There are also trail markers with the trail names but I believe those have been there.

CrankAddictRich

When I was out on Nov. 3rd, I came across a whole crew that was doing TM and they had one of those Polaris dune buggy thing loaded up with trail markers. They were on the Grand Tour trail over by the houses on Tan Vat Road, in the general area of the little trail off-shoot that hits the little log cabin.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I went for a rare pre-work ride this morning and they may have installed some new markers but they are at the trail intersections where I am pretty sure there already were markers.

Otherwise all those leaves that fell in the last week or 2 are holding quite a bit of water. Doesn't seem like riding will do much, if any harm but don't expect the usual dry sandy conditions. It's wet and slick.

mwlikesbikes

Ahhhh. Grand Tour heading up to the water tower. In all my years riding there (over 20) never heard it referred to that.
Yeah, it’s always been the water tower climb to me. But then again I’ve only recently started referring to rocky point as rocky point instead of “The Bunker Loop” for the last 20 years...

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I would think so. All the snow that fell yesterday has melted. It rained quite a bit last night but Harts usually drains pretty well. The leaves will most likely hold some moisture so you'll get muddy but I don't think you can really damage the trails.

Dajerseyrat

I would think so. All the snow that fell yesterday has melted. It rained quite a bit last night but Harts usually drains pretty well. The leaves will most likely hold some moisture so you'll get muddy but I don't think you can really damage the trails.
Yeah you can't really make them any worse..lol

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions