Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Anyone been here recently? Curious if it didnt get any snow like allaire.

I live by, maybe we got 1/2 to 1 " and it all melted yesterday. I was planning on riding tomorrow during the day. My knowledge of this place makes me think it will be fine tomorrow.

Was at Hearts this Am with my wife on the fatty’s, all was frozen ground/sand, no puddles, no ice. It was quite rutted up from the “skinnies” this weekend who must have gone mud bogging. We were also there a week ago today wile cold it was not rutted like today.

I rode Hartshorne this morning. Everything was still frozen but areas with southern exposure were starting to get tacky. As mentioned above this place got gutted the last time temps were above freezing. There were a lot of deep frozen ruts. With temps headed to the mid 50s I am sure this place will be a slopfest by this afternoon.

I rode Hartshorne this morning. Everything was still frozen but areas with southern exposure were starting to get tacky. As mentioned above this place got gutted the last time temps were above freezing. There were a lot of deep frozen ruts. With temps headed to the mid 50s I am sure this place will be a slopfest by this afternoon.
Sad to hear that some riders are still so disrespectful.

I ventured out today and overall I was pretty happy. I fully expected to do a few out and backs on the fire road just to get the heart pumping but things were much better than I expected so I ventured into the singletrack. I never encountered anything that made me turn back. I believe the ground has completely thawed, allowing the surface moisture to drain through the sandy soil. There were a few soft spots in some of the low areas mainly on the Rocky Point trail but overall the rest of the park was very ridable. There are a lot of ruts but riding on the pushed up areas between the ruts actually supported the weight of me and my bike without sinking in or doing any further damage.

Of course this will all change with tonight's precipitation.

Huber was surprisingly good around 11AM today. Very little snow/ice on the trails and frozen solid. A little bit of softening up by noon. Warm and rainy tomorrow, so get it while it's good.

Reactions: Tim
Huber was surprisingly good around 11AM today. Very little snow/ice on the trails and frozen solid. A little bit of softening up by noon. Warm and rainy tomorrow, so get it while it's good.
Yes- I was there as well (Hartshorne/Huber)- done by noon when it was starting to soften up in areas the sun was hitting. Saw some of the (unfortunate) bad rutted areas from last week that were fortunately still frozen this morning

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim
I got there around 2 today and rode for about an hour. It was still pretty good. There were a few areas softening up as noted but overall it was a good ride.

I can't imagine how bad it must have been a couple weekends ago. Some of the frozen ruts are ridiculously deep.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions