Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

johnnyrides

I'd like to see an update also. Can't imagine it's great but maybe after today's dry breezy conditions it might be nice tomorrow.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Working half day in Red Bank on Thursday, 4/13. Have time to ride from 1:30 (possibly earlier) to 3:00pm before heading to Chester for some NICA fun.

A) Are trails good now/the little rain tomorrow should be ok, right?

B) Anyone around for ride? Never been.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Working half day in Red Bank on Thursday, 4/13. Have time to ride from 1:30 (possibly earlier) to 3:00pm before heading to Chester for some NICA fun.

A) Are trails good now/the little rain tomorrow should be ok, right?

B) Anyone around for ride? Never been.

As of right now there are a few soft spots but they are ok to ride. A little rain tomorrow they should be good.

pygmypony

rode Harts/Huber today...pristine conditions with a small bit of mud/muck on the trail that connects the two parks...3.9/4

and, while it was raining in edison today, there wasn't any rain by the time we left the lot, around 10:15ish...so should be great riding this weekend

Jrzjoe

It was good to go. Wet spots were just a little damp.

Attachments

• IMG_6851.JPG
    IMG_6851.JPG
    296 KB · Views: 112

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Will be there tomorrow. 1pm or so. Maybe 1:30.
Would have loved to show you around, but I'm heading out to the Princeton vicinity for their NICA practice today.

Keep me posted if you think you'll be heading there again in weeks to come. I can be there there by 3PM on school days.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Would have loved to show you around, but I'm heading out to the Princeton vicinity for their NICA practice today.

Keep me posted if you think you'll be heading there again in weeks to come. I can be there there by 3PM on school days.
Sound good... Today's an early close for work, but I may try to sneak in a few here and there....

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Despite recent rains the trails are in good shape. The only wet spots is the connector from Locust Pt. lot where they did TM a few years ago.

Xler8

The place got beat up a little after all the rain. Some of the trails got washed away down the middle and a few big trees came down.

I guess you can say it offers a little more of a challenge now.

mwlikesbikes

Was there yesterday. Large branch on the hill leading up to the elbow on rocky point. That will need some chainsaw work.
Unfortunately the water bars did what they do and make some nice gullies in the middle of the trails.
Claypit connector is a sloppy mess by the bridge close to the road crossing.

MMuller

i only got to huber today and needs a chain saw on that side too. Needs some ATUG love, if you ask me.

Mrdlegend

I was there Sunday and I'd agree that the heavy rain last Fri made for some areas of decent erosion. So much so in some areas that they probably need attention. Unfortunately the projection of up to a few more inches on Sat may really cause a lot further damage.

bydabeach

Cuesta Ridge and Laurel Ridge trails have some major erosion gulleys, especially the wide trail between the lower parking lot and the water tower. The Claypit Creek connector is not passable. Somebody laid out a bunch of small logs in the muck. There is a cut through to avoid this area by the two large stone posts on Hartshorne Road just south of the crossover to the main park.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, they must have had some torrential rains. The sections with fall line elevation are blown out, Laurel Ridge is even more sketchy. This is desperately in need of a re route with switch backs and bench cuts. Fall line stuff is not sustainable, especially given the Sandy soil content at Hartshorne.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Conditions a little wet today, very few puddles but soft/mushy in quite a few spots. I also agree with above, blown out.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions