Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

No picture with painted diagram showing this downed tree?
I did not take pic but not to disappoint here is a pic of Mark Waters cooking brauts instead.

20170324_065643.jpg

Its good, everything is dry. Watch out for a down tree at head height going across rocky point. Its toward the end of Rocky Point if you go clockwise...or beginning if you go counter.
Yup, low bridge. I tried to knock it out of the way with my helmet as I rode under it, but didn't budge.

Its good, everything is dry. Watch out for a down tree at head height going across rocky point. Its toward the end of Rocky Point if you go clockwise...or beginning if you go counter.
It's shortly after (going counterclockwise) the point where the Rocky Point trail crosses the road leading down to the pier (that is, the open area with the white outhouse) and before the climb up to the spot with the wooden fence overlooking the Navesink. Had to get the chest down on the handlebars to get under that one :)

As others have said, great conditions today! The overcast weather must have kept a lot of folks away, since it wasn't as crowded as usual for a Saturday.

Fantastic conditions - tacky sandy goodness! Cold damp weather must have kept people away because much less crowded than usual. Rated it 4/4.

I went to Hartshorne for the first time today since most of the trails up north are too muddy from snowmelt and I am pleasantly surprised how much this place has to offer. I never would have guessed there are relatively technical climbs and descents so close to the beach! I can confirm the conditions were fantastic too.

I went to Hartshorne for the first time today since most of the trails up north are too muddy from snowmelt and I am pleasantly surprised how much this place has to offer. I never would have guessed there are relatively technical climbs and descents so close to the beach! I can confirm the conditions were fantastic too.
Yes hartshorne is one of my favorite parks. Plenty of milage, flowing trails, plus moderate technical.
To be fair, some trails could really use a re-route bc erosion.

Love the avatar.. Hi Kevin.. hehehehe

Reactions: Kev
Walked a bit of it today. From the lot over by the High school. It's marked black diamond and has the pill boxes and the very long switchback climb, anyway, mostly solid but the lower sections, the ones usually damp, had some standing water and some running water. From my experience this section is the wettest in the park so I'd imagine most of it is better than what I saw and should be even better tomorrow. There were a lot of people riding today. Irresponsible? Idk, I don't think the soil type here takes the same beating as so many other places. Just my opinion.
Y'all be cool

I rode there. Cautious and avoid wet spots. That place drains very well. It's a lot of sand. On the other hand monmouth county hasn't done much TM so the erosion is out of control. Is it possible to damage erosion?
I know it drains pretty well- I've ridden in there for 20 years now. With the amount of rain we had, the wet spots had to be quite numerous

Rode most of Huber this afternoon and it's 99% good to go. Did parts of Hartshorne, but skipped Rocky Point. It was surprisingly solid. The only truly muddy part was the Clay pit connector trail.

Rode most of Huber this afternoon and it's 99% good to go. Did parts of Hartshorne, but skipped Rocky Point. It was surprisingly solid. The only truly muddy part was the Clay pit connector trail.
Same as yesterday.I avoided rocky point too. The chite was very wet so I just went slow. It was completely eroded anyways however.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions