Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

YAMA

It should be fine. It's drains Nicely there. And after it drains it's nice and packed down. No longer loose sand

The TM's are done for now until September, Iggy can pass along the info while he is in his office and ill also talk to the volunteer Coordinator to speak withthe park manager at HW to try and get some TM's in September through Novemeber...Am sure Iggy or I will keep you posted..

keep your eyes peeled for an upcomming trails training session too...

thanks
Mike

Last edited:

YAMA

The TM's are done for now until September, Iggy can pass along the info while he is in his office and ill also talk to the volunteer Coordinator to speak withthe park manager at HW to try and get some TM's in September through Novemeber...Am sure Iggy or I will keep you posted..

keep your eyes peeled for an upcomming trails training session too...

thanks
Mike

Wait so jorba did some tm ?

aedubber

I was thinking about riding this on Tuesday 8/16 .. Think I got a chance or is the rain too much ? I never been and will be my first time ..

wonderturtle

I was thinking about riding this on Tuesday 8/16 .. Think I got a chance or is the rain too much ? I never been and will be my first time ..

agree with above, even [highly resiliant] Hartshorne needs some time. we got about 7 inches of rain here.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I had a great ride at Hartshorne last night. We got in and out just before the storm (5 minutes before :-0 )
Conditions were good.....except for the nasty erosion on the fire road mentioned before. we had to blaze down it to get out before all hell broke loose.

Another thing is there are downed trees EVERYWHERE! most of them you can't roll though it's obvious many people try by the chain ring marks. I had to constantly get on and off the bike. It completely killed any flow I had :-(
I believe most of the downed trees were on Grand Tour but I was pretty confused. I forgot my GPS yesterday and I find Hartshorne to be a bit confusing down by the Rocky Point lot.

I havent been here that many times so I'm still feeling my way around.

JM2C

SS_Dave

I had a great ride at Hartshorne last night. We got in and out just before the storm (5 minutes before :-0 )
Conditions were good.....except for the nasty erosion on the fire road mentioned before. we had to blaze down it to get out before all hell broke loose.

Another thing is there are downed trees EVERYWHERE! most of them you can't roll though it's obvious many people try by the chain ring marks. I had to constantly get on and off the bike. It completely killed any flow I had :-(
I believe most of the downed trees were on Grand Tour but I was pretty confused. I forgot my GPS yesterday and I find Hartshorne to be a bit confusing down by the Rocky Point lot.

I havent been here that many times so I'm still feeling my way around.

JM2C

Get yourself a 29er and lift that back wheel up. Problem solved!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Get yourself a 29er and lift that back wheel up. Problem solved!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

These are BIG trees man. Though I know there are some here that can hop some big stuff, I am not one of them. 29er or not.

A couple of the trees aren't just trunks as well. they are full trees with all the limbs. You have to climb over AND through them carrying your bike! lol

HW needs some TM love

phishyphil

8/26 Conditions

So I am looking to get a MTB/Beach Combo at the end of this week and Hartshorne is the big winner. Will it be dry for Friday?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions