Hang Bikes Right Side Up

THATmanMANNY

I want to hang my mtn bikes right side up. I don't want that pulley system. My garage ceilings are low enough where I can lift up like a man.

Any ideas or products?

I don't like to hand forks upside down or vertical.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Put up a hook to hang the seat on, and a block behind it for the back tire to pivot against to prevent the front from dropping too low

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1 on the seat 2 on the handle bar
IMG_2522.JPG

THATmanMANNY

flat ceiling

not sure what you mean sk1er

soundz simple enough but my seats dont have much to grab on to and if I change bikes or shift bikes around all cockpit lengths are different (dh, am, xc)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
hard to beat the pulley system for $12
https://www.amazon.com/RAD-Cycle-Pr...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AW0BC9ZS25GP2DQ33M3J

I have a 16' canoe hanging, and it works well.

the other idea i came up with, is the long hooks that would be placed in trees for hanging plants and bird feeders. perhaps put eye bolts in the ceiling, then bend the
hook to appropriate length. protect the bike with pipe insulation covering the metal hook. they could be cut/bent as needed. the eye would let the hook swing to adjust length.
probably hook the front wheel or handlebar, then lift the back wheel onto a hook?

https://www.amazon.com/Evelots-Prem...rd_wg=FlxSQ&psc=1&refRID=PDF0N7CZE91DBJN70K5D

THATmanMANNY

I guess this works.. cross post
“Never really occurre to me this would work without handlebar support. Ill strap something on front bar and hook when i can or just move hook closer to bar. These hooks were here when i moved in and i put road bikes hanging by wheels but i only want hang mtb right side up.”
BF3C8B2C-F625-44F0-864C-059CB859E273.jpeg

THATmanMANNY

Ive seen other designs where bikes are hung by the seat but it just occured to me i can get more hooks 4 or so, mount it to ceiling. Get a piece of PVC pipe and lay it on the hooks (horizontally). And hang multiple bikes on the PVC pipe by the seat. Simple and cheap.

Ian F

I'm not sure I'd want to hang a dropper post like that, but a regular post should be fine. So far, I've been using the vertical hanging set-up without issues. I recently discovered I can hang them by the thru-axle if the front tire is too fat to fit the hanging hook. I'll try to remember to post a picture when I get home.

THATmanMANNY

Finally did this for more bikes. $2 bike hooks from HD. just hung by saddle and stem. The stem location allows for a little flexibility between what bike I hang up. Measuring the tip of my saddle area and to the center of stem on several bikes Helped me determine what distance I want to put between them. Now my wife isn’t as pissed every time she walks through the garage because she isn’t weaving through the bike collection.
BA26FDB2-742D-4FBC-9AB4-C5DDB519154E.jpeg

The Kalmyk

Finally did this for more bikes. $2 bike hooks from HD. just hung by saddle and stem. The stem location allows for a little flexibility between what bike I hang up. Measuring the tip of my saddle area and to the center of stem on several bikes Helped me determine what distance I want to put between them. Now my wife isn’t as pissed every time she walks through the garage because she isn’t weaving through the bike collection.
View attachment 145698
I use a 100 point system so every bolt stay with in the appropriate nm

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
F that. Hang them vertically. It’s cheap and you can get a bunch of bikes on the wall. Screw these into the beams (every 16”) and stagger them so every other one is 18-20” higher. They’ll work with tires up to 2.8”. You’ll need a wider one for the fatbike. I have 4 bikes (DH, trail, fatbike and XC) that take up 6’ of wall space.

mfennell

It depends on your layout. Sure, you can put more on a wall, but now they're sticking out, wasting floor space. I hang one by the seat in front of a window where I can't put anything else anyway.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
View attachment 145698
These are head bangers, right? In that area of the bike you have along the wall, you could easily hang all of those bikes and eliminate the head bangers.

THATmanMANNY

yes but I’m average height and have the flexibility to duck. my extension ladder I don’t know where I would put that. That’s the problem. It also doubles as a shelf for misc things ha. I dunno. I just like seeing my bikes right side up.

but I also move stuff around The garage like two times I year. I had a power wheels where the lower floor bike is.

Top Bottom