Halter's Cycles

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jay and Halter's:

Thanks for hooking up my co-worker, Brett, today. He checked out a number of shops before talking to me about a new bike. He's pretty stoked to be on a FS 29er. Hopefully he doesn't get too fast on it!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jay and Halter's:

Thanks for hooking up my co-worker, Brett, today. He checked out a number of shops before talking to me about a new bike. He's pretty stoked to be on a FS 29er. Hopefully he doesn't get too fast on it!
IMG]

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
very cool and great idea for spring tune ups. I'm over an hour away but considering. any plans for another store north?

One store is plenty. Honestly, I am not sure how multiple locations work for anyone.

Blair

What is the status of those cancelled demo reschedulings at 6mile? I saw the trek thing out there this weekend at allaire but wasn't sure if that would be my last demo chance this year.

rick81721

Lothar
Wow. Just riding around the neighborhood and some local paths. Will reserve judgement until hitting some trails tomorrow but a few notes - 1 X 11 sram: love it. Reverb dropper post (first time ever tried one): love it. This bike is so plush compared to my spearfish. Can't wait until tomorrow

qclabrat

Rick, tried the 5010 at Whistler and have to agree
demo bikes were tricked out with X01 and XTR, but don't remember which fork
Did not get a chance to ride the Tallboy but did straddle it for feel
no Superlights there, do you think the 5010 has too much travel for NJ riding?

rick81721

Lothar
Just spent about an hour at 6mr and then a little less at the sourlands. At 6mr the SC did everything my spearfish does only better - quicker, more nimble, much easier climbing. I cleared all the rollers on red heading towards canal road first time ever for me. Almost set a PR on the short loop and wasn't even pushing it (plus was sweating big time). At the sourlands it was a different story. Better on the cleaner trails and again on climbing, but in the bigger rocks it bogged down - couldn't monster truck over the rocks like my 29er. And I was getting more pedal strikes. One thing I noticed is I can trackstand much easier on this bike than the spearfish. And downhill it kicked ass, set a PR on the pipeline bomb and I was braking to slow down (didn't want to crash it!). Overall it's a great bike but for me I think I something similar in weight but a 29er. More demos to follow - jay has several cards up his sleeve

qclabrat

Just spent about an hour at 6mr and then a little less at the sourlands. At 6mr the SC did everything my spearfish does only better - quicker, more nimble, much easier climbing. I cleared all the rollers on red heading towards canal road first time ever for me. Almost set a PR on the short loop and wasn't even pushing it (plus was sweating big time). At the sourlands it was a different story. Better on the cleaner trails and again on climbing, but in the bigger rocks it bogged down - couldn't monster truck over the rocks like my 29er. And I was getting more pedal strikes. One thing I noticed is I can trackstand much easier on this bike than the spearfish. And downhill it kicked ass, set a PR on the pipeline bomb and I was braking to slow down (didn't want to crash it!). Overall it's a great bike but for me I think I something similar in weight but a 29er. More demos to follow - jay has several cards up his sleeve
sounds like the Tallboy is in the stars for you

Johnny Utah

Strongly recommend swinging a let over a 29" Rocky Instinct, if I went back to a trail bike I would do that or a Tallboy LT.

Top Bottom