Halters Cycles 31/31 Contest. July 2015 $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
For those who did, I would love a little summary for those of us watching at home. Let us know of the good bad and ugly.
The good:
Got me back on track. Lost weight. Healthier heart. Stronger legs.
In fact, got me back in shape well enough to ride up all the ups at lewis morris, when I was unable to a month ago.
The best of the good, helmets for 2 sweet friends:
IMG_0106.JPG

And with them wearing helmets, it encouraged their 2 daughters to wear theirs as well (they had helmets but wouldnt wear them! :eek: )

The bad/ugly: feeling like I HAD to ride as opposed to WANT to ride.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
SO.. As of sat I have give out 28! $100 gift certificates!

Please make sure your hours get in by the 15th. On the 16th I will announce the men's and ladies winners with the most total hours in July. (Each will receive a Gore bike wear Kit!)

I really love doing this every year. I hope to have made some small difference in the world around me.

Start planning for 31/31 2016 edition!

J

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
I really love doing this every year. I hope to have made some small difference in the world around me.
In my eyes, you are an angel sent by God to help the cycling community.
How much time do you spend building and maintaining trails, then how often do YOU actually get to ride them?
How much $ do you toss the cycling community with this challenge and your year around generosity?
And many wonder why I think Halters is the best bike shop ever.
You have made a HUGE difference in the many small worlds around you.

Zaskar

SO.. As of sat I have give out 28! $100 gift certificates!

Please make sure your hours get in by the 15th. On the 16th I will announce the men's and ladies winners with the most total hours in July. (Each will receive a Gore bike wear Kit!)

Start planning for 31/31 2016 edition!

J

Finally made the trek down to Halters today. Thanks to @jdog for running this and giving back so much to the cycling community.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I'm not going to make it in to the shop (the perils of living in another state!) but that's okay with me - if at all possible, I'd request you take any money from my gift certificate and do something for yourself! I hit a lot of personal bests with this contest -- most miles in a month (both overall and on the single), most miles in a week, and most time in the saddle. And seeing everyone's day-to-day rides was pretty cool, too. Huge thanks to JDog and Halter's!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have been super busy, but now that we are another moth later I thought I might note that Norm and Robin are the riders with the most submitted hours.

We saw 28 riders submit over the 31/31 hours required

The feedback on this was great.

Clearly this had some huge impacts on some people.

Curious to hear more about what this did to your summer..

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a week long trip to Iowa in July, and I'm still going to try to make this happen.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
10 days
Cali>>>>>Utar
Will not be able to complete but I will play along just because.

jpn

Is strava the best way to record this?

I gotta do something; apparently sworn notarized affidavits,while somewhat persuasive in court, are accorded zero weight here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom