Halter's Cycles -- (31/31) 2018 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July.. Win $100!!

Sven Migot

Day 41 - More Funner...

1533865056002.png

Ian F

I haven't ridden since Sunday. My legs are still sore. I was planning to ride tomorrow up here in NH, but it looks like the weather won't cooperate (100% chance of rain and temps in the 60's). Maybe a road ride on Sunday. Otherwise, hotel bound... :confused:

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I haven't ridden since Sunday. My legs are still sore. I was planning to ride tomorrow up here in NH, but it looks like the weather won't cooperate (100% chance of rain and temps in the 60's). Maybe a road ride on Sunday. Otherwise, hotel bound... :confused:

It's amazing how the hour per day became so much a part of my routine. The first 10 days of August have been full of "life" and I have only ridden 5 times since August 1st. Only one of those rides surpassed an hour in duration. I really feel like I am missing the rides. Hopefully things get back to "normal" so I can get back at it. I actually really enjoyed the challenge of getting the hour in every day.

xc62701

Kudos to those who keep on going. I’ve felt like crap ever since I took a day off. I need the motivation of this challenge everyday.

Yea it’s funny how it becomes part of your routine. I haven’t really had a day where I didn’t want to ride or really had to force it in. It’s been going well. I haven’t felt the freshest legs some days but that comes with the territory :)

xc62701

Day 46: I was worried about being fresh for race day, but I guess the legs weren’t that bad. It took me a while to warm up but I did the first lap pretty quick and then made sure I didn’t shred my tires on the second lap. I took first place by almost 6 minutes and locked up the series and the state championship in the fat bike! That plus some pizza and it was a great day!
F918D532-3687-4C0E-9E31-8D1D89183058.jpeg
8BCD2FE2-1B03-46DD-8417-52BEB4FA33D1.png

0E7EB1D9-6E9C-46BF-90BF-A9C1FDBEA699.png

Last edited:

xc62701

Day 47: Still going. Surprisingly after the race yesterday the legs still wanted to push a bit today but I just pedaled and enjoyed the ride. Darkness is your friend!

When I do these rides I wonder if anyone else would be interested in a group night road ride. It would be a blast given the right roads.
C00D0D34-B4F9-4785-A3DB-54EEF8D1AE32.jpeg
F256ECC6-BEC3-4C5D-8300-167817C57400.png

Sven Migot

Kudos to those who keep on going. I’ve felt like crap ever since I took a day off. I need the motivation of this challenge everyday.
I discovered riding around the neighborhood or surrounding towns is better than not riding at all. It's usually the drive to the trails that I don't have time for. It's easy to give up an hour of tv/pc time, hop on the bike from home, and just ride around the area aimlessly. No pressure to do an epic ride. Just go a hard as I feel like.
Discovered some local bike paths and the secondary roads are actually in great shape and little traffic. The longer this goes it seems to get easier to just assume I'm going to ride at some point today. Even if it's in the dark...

Top Bottom