Halter's Cycles -- (31/31) 2018 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July.. Win $100!!

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 31 - sad to see it end. It was tough. My upper body has turned soft and mushy. I usually do Pilates or Yoga on my off days, but since I haven’t had any off days.....

Today was an easy ride day, but I found the ‘Lower Loop’ that I wasted so much time looking for the other day. I’m looking forward to stringing my last three days together into one long epic ride before I leave Oneonta.

I never made it to 6 Mile this month.
I rode in 7 different states this month.
I learned to appreciate my rode bike this month but at the same time did a decent amount of park.
Cheers to Halters and Jason!

E3E99CB0-34F6-46EC-93E5-449C0CC59875.jpeg
1DDB86EC-0262-4282-91AC-1824424EBCD1.jpeg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
July 31 - The end. And I'm now 4/5 states away in Portsmouth NH. I left home at about 1 PM yesterday, taking the "CT bypass route" up te Thruway and across the Mass TP, getting here a bit before 8. Hitting the Beach Plum for a lobster roll before checking into the hotel.

Then i go into work today, sitting in a kick-off meeting for 6+ hrs where we talked about my scope for about 15 minutes and I spoke for maybe 30 seconds. I get back the hotel around 5 and I can finally get ready to ride.

If there is one thing that is really cool about Portsmouth it is just how many cyclists you see. They are everywhere here. I easily saw over 20 during my relatively short ride. Anyway, enough blabbing... On to pictures.
View attachment 74155View attachment 74156
This bridge was still under construction when I was here back in 2016.
View attachment 74157
Anchored lobster boats.
View attachment 74158
It's hard to tell, but it's a yoga class on stand up padel boards.

View attachment 74159
Of course, there has to be a picture of my bike with the Atlantic ocean and sail boats in the background.

View attachment 74160
And here is my van packed with bikes. So far it looks like the weather will be good for me to ride at Highland tomorrow before I meet my friends at the rental house in VT.

My recorded stats for July: 39 hrs 14 min and 515 miles. Thanks to the Strava malfunctions, the actual time was about 2 hrs and about 20 miles more. Fortunately, the new phone fixed the issues I was having with the GPS tracking.
Such great roads around Portsmouth. That coast is just beautiful.
And of course enjoy KT/VT.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
You guys all rule.

It’s been great to watch this all go down.

While I didn’t finish this effort myself, I wish you all the best and I hope to have made some small impact in your summer.

Peas from Whistler

Riding today with my buddy Tani from the path Bikes shop and my bike radio podcaster.
84749E8F-B005-4157-8D82-BB3FFDE6585D.jpeg
AF272A4B-390F-4A81-8442-214AFF1511F4.jpeg
9AF6629E-EF27-40EA-8BF1-D28F4EE433F6.jpeg

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 31... We had aspirations of riding 6 mile when I got home from work, but I had to work late. We went out on the road instead to finish before dark. We rode for 1:24 and even threw in one dirt/gravel road that was smoother than some of the paved roads we ride. Bill remembered to break out the camera today...
IMG_5329.JPG

At least we still saw a little dirt.

I still need to pull together my final stats, but if there is one thing this challenge proved it is that it is possible to make time to ride!

We started the day before, so after 32 days straight we are looking forward to a rest day tomorrow :)

ekuhn

Props to all that pushed through and succeeded.

32 days total. Doubled my pre July ride count and mileage. More stats coming.

View attachment 74190

Totals.

31 in 31 totals.jpg

Last 10 Days were the hardest. I took a spill pretty hard and think I bruised my tailbone. Having bike options to move seating position around helped.

Hardest efforts are the logistics and planning. Outta town, vacation, 4:30/5am before work, 8/8:30pm after work, beers the night before, rain, heat etc.

One of my favorite things with cycling is never knowing what you're going to see out on a ride. This offered 31 more chances to see things that aren't visible from the couch.

Congrats to all who completed the challenge, Bravo!

giphy.gif

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
You guys all rule.

It’s been great to watch this all go down.

While I didn’t finish this effort myself, I wish you all the best and I hope to have made some small impact in your summer.

Peas from Whistler

Riding today with my buddy Tani from the path Bikes shop and my bike radio podcaster. View attachment 74191View attachment 74192View attachment 74193

I always get a kick out of it when Tani mentions you and Halter’s on the podcast. :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@chemgirl - Hoffman farms is where I worked on the farm at the end of high school & start of college. Albert & Joyce Hoffman were both alive then. I think it's funny that it's a public park now, I guess I should really check it out.

Ian F

Day 1 at Kingdom Trails. Day 34 consecutive. We shuttled to the campsite, but had some miscommunication at the top of Dead Moose Alley which slowed down the ride a bit, but in all a good day.
We have crap internet at the rental, so it's not easy to post a lot of pictures.

Screenshot_20180802-170541.png

IMG_20180802_135248.jpg

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@chemgirl - Hoffman farms is where I worked on the farm at the end of high school & start of college. Albert & Joyce Hoffman were both alive then. I think it's funny that it's a public park now, I guess I should really check it out.

@Norm I would have loved to see it then. Everytime I’m there I try to imagine what that place once was. It’s just abondoned roads and barns now.

Top Bottom