Halter's Cycles -- (31/31) 2018 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July.. Win $100!!

xc62701

I had to take the late shift tonight. A nice spin through dismal harmony - patriots path - Watnong mountain. No pics as I was trying to get as much as I could in before the rain was starting.
DDC7B5E1-5A1E-4987-8D11-746A45FA5767.png

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Day 10 - Didn't feel good all day, but decided to try my luck at the regular Tuesday night ride anyway. Actually felt pretty good after the first effort (that felt terrible - I had to stop after the first climb and catch my breath for about five minutes.) By the end of th night, I was feeling like my lungs finally opened up a bit ... I don't really get it, but I'll take it.

42429629585_f12d1fa0bc_b.jpg

In a larger group, there are always issues that pause the ride ... fixing a flat in this case ...
42429629665_5a5cacfa98_b.jpg

Nice sunset tonight ...

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 9 we rode after work to the park and on the local river trail. Got out for 1:20 on the mtb's.

Day 10 we decided to ride 6 mile after work. Rode for 1:20 on the canal side and a bit in the canal path to and from the car. Saw a bunch of people out and was happy to see it was mostly dusty. It was crazy humid out there!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm never alone, I'm alone all the time
IMG_1664.JPG

These are the rides I really enjoy from these contests- the ones that just don't happen in the normal course of events.

Despite work blowing up on me, I was going to catch the soccer match today. Oh, and hey, I need to ride, so...

I mapped my course to ride to one bar for the first half, ride to a second bar during half time and then round out as necessary. I decided the singlespeed was the tool for the job, which really wasn't the case when I left 10 minutes later than I planned.
The bike is still geared 32x20 from SSAP 2 years ago, so it was spinny and slow getting where I needed to be-
Hamster, hamster, hamster....coast

Taking the "speed" out of singlespeed.
Missed the first goal, but caught most of the first half. The bar was packed, so I could hide out in a corner and just nurse a water bottle (too early for a drink).
Make it to bar #2 just as second half is kicking off. It's empty as I expected, so I order up a salad (the food is good here) and about 18 glasses of water.
Great game, glad to see Croatia advance. Hoping for a good final.

Then spun my way home, just in time to set the auto responder on the work email. Because they are dead to me until Monday.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 11 is the first day of my mini-DH vacation. Today was Mt Snow, Vt. It’s a wee little mountain. Very old school UCI DH. The only groomed flow trial was closed ☹️

I don’t include lift distance/time/elevation on my DH rides, so the little elevation reported was me actually climbing up roads looking for rogue trails. I’m glad I went. It broke up the drive. But definitely not a destination place. The chairlift was fast! Although I’ve never seen anything like it before....one bike per seat propped onto
2B4CDCAC-FD57-4D8C-9A1D-070B67797F68.jpeg
4F4DD942-F039-474E-816E-604F1E652260.jpeg
F921C6A1-2FDD-4DC5-90FA-92DC55BBAFB8.jpeg
the back of the chair.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Day 11 - Rode the Green Ribbon out to Ambler and came back along the roads. That was about as dry as I've ever seen the GRT.

41543268640_f09a18802c_b.jpg

The GRT takes the idea of "suburban singletrack" to a new level - sections literally run between neighborhood backyards

43351940041_7a97e3f01a_b.jpg

One of about half a dozen Wissahickon Creek crossings ...

Top Bottom