Halter's Cycles -- (31/31) 2018 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July.. Win $100!!

Ian F

I'm in. Hoping to do better than last year. I've been practicing during June to work up to it. The hard part will be the 4am rides during days when I can't ride after work.

rlb

Going to try this, it will be an interesting experiment in riding odd hours for me. If the BIYF animals can ride 10pm in January I think I can convince myself to do it in July!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Going to try this, it will be an interesting experiment in riding odd hours for me. If the BIYF animals can ride 10pm in January I think I can convince myself to do it in July!
The earlier in the day, the more likelihood your play.

Not that anyone cares, but I am out as vacation is ON while this starts.

Reactions: rlb

Ian F

I find the O-Dark early time works well. Especially on those 100+ degree days. When I get out at 4am, temps are cool and there's pretty much nobody on the roads. And you get to see odd stuff - like in 2015 I saw a beaver crossing the road in front of me. I didn't realize how big they can get.

If all goes well for me, it'll be well over 31 days straight as I'm going to Kingdom Trails on Aug 1 for 6 days, stopping at Highland on the way up there. And I'll probably ride on June 30 as well.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I find the O-Dark early time works well. Especially on those 100+ degree days. When I get out at 4am, temps are cool and there's pretty much nobody on the roads. And you get to see odd stuff - like in 2015 I saw a beaver crossing the road in front of me. I didn't realize how big they can get.

If all goes well for me, it'll be well over 31 days straight as I'm going to Kingdom Trails on Aug 1 for 6 days, stopping at Highland on the way up there. And I'll probably ride on June 30 as well.

I am returning from traveling out of state on the evening of 7/1. My determination will be put to the test on the first day with an odd hours (at least for me) ride. I already get up at 4am for work so I will be forced to grind out my time in the heat. I am looking forward to the challenge.

Reactions: rlb

rlb

The earlier in the day, the more likelihood your play.

Not that anyone cares, but I am out as vacation is ON while this starts.

I'm OK with the early AM rides, just need to push myself to actually do it. I like being out at that time TBH. On days that my wife works the options are slimmer. I need to be in front of my computer at 6am and she doesn't get home until 8:30-9:30 pm, so that's where the creativity comes in.

k-drive

I'll be in this year, get that fitness up.

Congrats! should give you a little reprieve from the.. everything.

Top Bottom