Halter's Cycles -- (31/31) 2018 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July.. Win $100!!

Day 58 - Night Crawler
Vacation over. Late ride after a long day on the road & high seas.
Long journey home packing, driving, ferrying, driving, traffic, unpacking...
I didn't want this ride, but I would have plopped my ass in front of TV anyway. After the long drive it felt good to stretch the legs once I got started.
Got it done.
(pix taken before ride)

1535337729261.png

1535337906831.png

1535337944135.png

Meh. I like @Sven Migot’s big ride better. Any really fit cyclists can climb almost 7k in 100+ miles. (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about dem hillz). It takes real skillz to do a 100+ mile ride and keep the total elevation to under 500’. And Beer stops!?!?! Brilliant!

You two guys are my hero’s!

Last edited:
Meh. I like @Sven Migot’s big ride better. Any really fit cyclists can climb almost 7k in 100+ miles. (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about dem hillz). It takes real skillz to do a 100+ mile ride and keep the elevation to under 500’. And Beer stops!?!?! Brilliant!

You two guys are my hero’s!

Lol. I tried to stop at a brewery in Sven's honor today but it opened at 12 and I would have been there at 10:30. My other option was to stop in Hackettstown around mile 90 and I never would have made it home. I had beer tonight to make up for it.

Day 62 - Being Watched...
Re-discovered a local park (Oak Ridge Park, formerly a golf course). There's a 3-4 mile winding bike path. Good way to kill part of an hour. Saw a set of eyes reflecting my light and then it ran across the field. Could have been a fox. Later I saw a set of much bigger eyes coming toward me and it didn't run when I make my scary duck sound. A few seconds later I realized the eyes were attached to a big dog that was attached to a human walking it in the dark. Ha ha...

1535685713196.png

1535685749809.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom