H2H Categories

xc62701

Going back to the original thread I contacted the powers that be about the race requirement numbers and they will stay the same even though mayhem is cancelled. 4 races needed for XC and 3 needed for endurance. I wish they would reconsider as it makes people want to do more races. Or maybe that's just me. I was thinking of going for the Endurance, Fat, and Cat 1 all at once but with only 6 races now I'll have to pick one. On the other hand I really appreciate the organizers going with a scheme that allows more drops. It's a good way to mix up the attendees and allow more flexibility/insanity deeper into the season.

The one questions I really have is how are they going to manage tie breakers? If someone wins 3 endurance races and another person wins 3 endurance races, who wins the overall? :shrug:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The one questions I really have is how are they going to manage tie breakers? If someone wins 3 endurance races and another person wins 3 endurance races, who wins the overall? :shrug:

screen-shot-2015-04-14-at-12-24-48-pm.png

He's not intersted in racing NICA this season, he wants to do "actual" mountain bike races instead. His words. And I get where he's coming from. He wants to be out in the woods riding bikes, not looping around in the grass. I'm down with whatever keeps him riding.
You have the complete wrong idea about NICA races. These are highly competitive races that hardly take place on the grass! There is only one race that has a section of grass that has a pinwheel in which gives the spectators a chance to see the race. these races are actually a lot more challenging for kids because the field is filled with a lot more riders. A lot kids who ride H2H also compete in NICA. My son races NICA and also enjoys H2H. He and his teammates use the H2H for training for the NICA races. The only difference is rougher terrain in H2H. Doesn't make the NICA races "less real"! I think downplaying NICA is cheating a child out of a great experience among his peers. Try not to post comments that give out the wrong impression about one of the greatest biking events around. A lot of hard work goes into this league by a great group of people...and it is growing substantially every year.

Last edited:

thegock

You have the complete wrong idea about NICA races. REALLY?-I SAW JIM AT EVERY NICA VENUE! these races are actually a lot more challenging for kids because the field is filled with a lot more riders. EVIDENTLY JIM'S SON DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU! My son races NICA and also enjoys H2H. GREAT He and his teammates use the H2H for training for the NICA races. GREATER The only difference is rougher terrain in H2H. WHICH SOME RIDERS ENJOY MORE! IT'S DANGEROUS TO SEND YOUNG, INEXPERIENCED RIDERS DOWN BOULDERAMA AT SOURLANDS, SO I GET THE COURSE SELECTION. I think downplaying NICA is cheating a child out of a great experience among his peers. IS DOWNPLAYING THE WORD YOU ARE REALLY GOING FOR HERE? LE MOT JUSTE. Try not to post comments that give out the wrong impression about one of the greatest biking events around WHATEVER

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Bernard H

Off topic but still on topic, are H2H races more oriented for XC riders? What are most people riding for a race? 160mm enduro bikes or hardtail carbon 29ers (for examples).

Steve Vai

You have the complete wrong idea about NICA races. These are highly competitive races that hardly take place on the grass! There is only one race that has a section of grass that has a pinwheel in which gives the spectators a chance to see the race. these races are actually a lot more challenging for kids because the field is filled with a lot more riders. A lot kids who ride H2H also compete in NICA. My son races NICA and also enjoys H2H. He and his teammates use the H2H for training for the NICA races. The only difference is rougher terrain in H2H. Doesn't make the NICA races "less real"! I think downplaying NICA is cheating a child out of a great experience among his peers. Try not to post comments that give out the wrong impression about one of the greatest biking events around. A lot of hard work goes into this league by a great group of people...and it is growing substantially every year.

Is NICA the new trigger word?

Dudeson, we did the entire series. We also bumped up to the High School level so the kid would have some competition and have the best experience he could. We're not speaking badly about NICA. We had a great time. We're saying the kid wants to do longer, harder races, in the woods. Regardless of how much NICA Kool-Aid you drink, those 3 things aren't happening. Why is this such a big deal, or so hard to understand? And why is saying you want those 3 things a slight against NICA? I don't get it.

Steve Vai

For anyone following along with my actual question, USAC rules allow a Junior to race up, but it's up to the individual Promoters to give the final go ahead.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Although, I did find it strange that my background check took several days when others I heard only took hours.... :rolleyes:

My company performs extensive background checks on our new hires. The more common of a name tends to take longer than a more unique name. With a 1st name of Burke.....mine came back within a few hours. A colleague named James took 2 days.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Off topic but still on topic, are H2H races more oriented for XC riders? What are most people riding for a race? 160mm enduro bikes or hardtail carbon 29ers (for examples).

Flipping between carbon 29er hard tail and my 5010 depending on the race

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
H2h is more xc oriented. If you're new to racing, most folks ride whatever they have. Don't let the type of bike you have discourage you from racing.
Are you planning to race?

Bernard H

H2h is more xc oriented. If you're new to racing, most folks ride whatever they have. Don't let the type of bike you have discourage you from racing.
Are you planning to race?

I am totally looking to race. I signed up for Ringwood on the 15th. I ride a Giant Trance 2. Id love to see where I stack up against other people. I come from a motorcycle road racing background, so racing is just natural to me.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
signed up for Ringwood on the 15th. I ride a Giant Trance 2. Id love to see where I stack up against other people.
Good deal, the racing scene always needs new folks to keep the sport alive. Racing is also a good way to connect with the mtb community, you see a lot of the same faces at races, you end up making friends with people you compete against.

That bike will do well at Ringwood. 99% of racing is your engine, so fitness and skills can carry you a long way. Over time working at getting faster can become an obsession, in a good way.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That bike will do well at Ringwood. 99% of racing is your engine, so fitness and skills can carry you a long way. Over time working at getting faster can become an obsession, in a good way.

i can attest to this part, iv spent more money on tools to help me get faster this calendar year than i ever thought i would, and it all started with a mtn bike race (several years ago)

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll most likely be on my tank of an enduro bike just because I don't have the funds to get my hardtail race ready before season. Most of the competitive riders will be on paperweight hardtails but whatevs.... I just have to train harder lol.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Added

+ Background check passed
+ Tried for a while to submit an event permit today, but the only option I currently have available to me is a non-competitive event
+ Emailed contact again to see if they can fix whatever the problem is

I am about done with this bullshit. I went into this with an open mind but this is stupid.

Summary

1. USAC license for me: $75 ($75)
  2. Club registration: $200 ($275)
  3. Officials license: $50 ($325)
  4. CEU credit requirement
  5. Pass a background check
  6. Pay for background check: $20 ($345)
  7. Need to give my SSN
  8. Sexual Misconduct Training
  9. Mandatory Sexual Reporting Training
  10. Emotional and Physical Misconduct Training
  11. Race Director fee of $150 was waiver by USAC
  12. Additional background check information has been requested so I need to give them more information, but they will not tell me what yet
  13. A second background check was requested. Emailed and asked why I had to do a 2nd 2 days after the first
  14. Background check passed
  15. Tried for a while to submit an event permit today, but the only option I currently have available to me is a non-competitive event
  16. Emailed contact again to see if they can fix whatever the problem is

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Added

+ Tried for a while to submit an event permit today, but the only option I currently have available to me is a non-competitive event

I am about done with this bullshit. I went into this with an open mind but this is stupid.

Summary

7. Need to give my SSN
  12. Additional background check information has been requested so I need to give them more information, but they will not tell me what yet
  13. A second background check was requested. Emailed and asked why I had to do a 2nd 2 days after the first
  15. Tried for a while to submit an event permit today, but the only option I currently have available to me is a non-competitive event
Mad respect for your patience thus far, my dude. I would not have made it half that far.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Added

Summary

7. Need to give my SSN
Trump hired and fired at least 5 white house staff members since u started this process.
Maybe you should apply for director of the FBI?

Top Bottom