H2H #4: The Stewart Poison Ivy Mousetrap

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, sorry @sarcaro. Not the full sisters climb. Drops into 'Senior', then across the nice view into Giant Steps. Come pre-ride. It's AWESOME.

johnnyrides

If you'd like to get a sense of what you'll be getting into, please join us on the 19th at 2pm for a non-race pace pre-ride. (Which hasn't been officially announced, but it's happening.)

I would really like to be there for that but unfortunately I have a commitment that day. I think I'll just register, do the race, and do the best I can. Simple as that.

If the pre-ride date/time moves, please post it here. Thanks.

xc62701

I'd like to say I'm going to be there but with the wife's due date June 14th I'm probably not going to be there. If the baby isn't born yet I'll be in defcon 1 status waiting for my wife to burst or if the baby comes early I'll probably be too miserable and sleep deprived to get my ass there.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd like to say I'm going to be there but with the wife's due date June 14th I'm probably not going to be there. If the baby isn't born yet I'll be in defcon 1 status waiting for my wife to burst or if the baby comes early I'll probably be too miserable and sleep deprived to get my ass there.

just as long as you name the baby ivy stewart or stewart poison then i think the team will call it even. ;)

johnnyrides

Question............Do I reqister with USAC with the Domestic license for $75 and then still need to register for the individual races on BikeReg ($35)? I want to do this one at Stewart and also likely the one later at LewMo.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you can aim for the 13th, your baby will have the best, shared birthday date with me. Just saying. Also, we'll miss you.

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Question............Do I reqister with USAC with the Domestic license for $75 and then still need to register for the individual races on BikeReg ($35)? I want to do this one at Stewart and also likely the one later at LewMo.
if you're only going to do like one or two races, and you're not cat 1/pro.... then just get the day of license. the domestic license only works out if you're basically doing the whole series.

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you can aim for the 13th, your baby will have the best, shared birthday date with me. Just saying. Also, we'll miss you.
you're probably the only person more birthday obsessed than me.

xc62701

I would say that June 8th would be good. That would give us a couple of days at the hospital, then a few days at home. With any luck the in-laws will stay with us and I can escape and do the race blurry eyed and exhausted. That's at the very best possible scenario.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey All! There's mebbe gonna be some riding at Stewart this weekend!

Where: Stewart State Forest Ridge Road Parking Lot (NB if your map is showing this as an exit from 84, it's wrong. This has to be accessed via 17 to Ridge Road.)
When: 2pm on Saturday the 19th
What: THE RACE COURSE (8.8 miles of awesome) The plan is a couple laps, or if everyone wants to range further afield after a lap, that.
Why: because we love you and want only the best for you

@1sh0t1b33r and I are tentatively leading. I am useless up there, except for clearing out spider webs with my face and @1sh0t1b33r will attempt to explain the entire park system to you, several times. You have been warned.

The only hiccup is of course RAIN! It's predicted pretty much to the end of the week and through the weekend.

If it's too horrible, we'll call it. But if it's drying out even a lil bit, it's on.

Watch this space.

qclabrat

hmm, statistically baby twos come out on time or early. If early, it may work to your advantage as well. Well wishes

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@xc62701 why does she have to be so selfish? :)

@1sh0t1b33r and I are tentatively leading.
its-a-long-way-to-there.jpg

BabyRobot

How well does Stewart drain? Im going to try and get up there Sunday, unless the rain Saturday really drowns the place.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How well does Stewart drain? Im going to try and get up there Sunday, unless the rain Saturday really drowns the place.
With our loop we avoid most anything that gets to be a mess with water, but stewart is pretty much JUST above swap level, so there will be puddles in spots. The dirt is not like 6 mile, so you dont typically get heavy mud. I mean standard common sense trail rules apply I would say. If its raining, stay home.

Dont be like this asshole :)
26286_1431795123024_7991023_n.jpg

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welp, given that the storm earlier this week apparently knocked EVERYTHING down, and there's more rain coming on Saturday, our pre-ride on the 19th is officially cancelled. Stay tuned.

Top Bottom