H2H #4: The Stewart Poison Ivy Mousetrap

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Posting the official thread for this race.

Register: https://www.bikereg.com/stewart-pi-mousetrap
Date: Saturday, June 16th
Change: This is a change from the original date of this Saturday.
Course: Tentatively here: https://www.strava.com/routes/13107449
Length: 8.8 miles
Description: Stewart is a very accessible park for beginner riders.
Laps: Cat 1 (3), Cat 2 (2), Cat 3 (1). In other words, subtract your cat from the number 4, and that is how many laps you do.
Note: If you search BikeReg for "poison" only ONE race in America comes up.
Food: TBD
Pre-rides: Stay tuned. Tentative first date is Saturday, May 19th.

stewart-mouse-trap-Square.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Story behind the name?

Funny, today is @Ryan.P's birthday. So first, happy birthday Ryan.

Second - he came up with the name when he, @Dominique, and I were driving down to ride White Clay one day earlier this year.

Mousetrap is from a dare someone gave us/me a long time ago. We complained a bunch about races. So someone told us to build a better mousetrap. So we tried.

Poison Ivy has nothing at all whatsoever to do with the reddish-green things that grow everywhere at Stewart...

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There will be a bunch of men running around in spandex. You tell me. Will there be sausage?
WOW
I find this statement offensive. Especially from you @MissJR . If the roles were reversed you would be all over this. I am very shocked by this..
of·fen·sive

adjective

1. 1.
    causing someone to feel deeply hurt, upset, or angry.
    "the allegations made are deeply offensive to us"synonyms:insulting, insolent, derogatory, disrespectful, hurtful, wounding, abusive; More

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Any recommendations of a place to stay nearby (for a family of 6 with 4 young kids)?

With a 9am start for JT we'd have to be on the road by 6am, which is going to be tough with our crew and very stressful. So I'm thinking of finding a place to stay Friday night.... and maybe even Saturday if I race too since cat 2 doesn't start till 12, and itd be nice to hang out after racing not thinking about the 2+ hr drive home.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
WOW
I find this statement offensive. Especially from you @MissJR . If the roles were reversed you would be all over this. I am very shocked by this..
of·fen·sive

adjective

1. 1.
    causing someone to feel deeply hurt, upset, or angry.
    "the allegations made are deeply offensive to us"synonyms:insulting, insolent, derogatory, disrespectful, hurtful, wounding, abusive; More

were you hurt, upset, or angry?

being shocked/surprised is not included in the definition of offensive.
besides, next time material like this is available, keep it in-pocket to use as a get-out-of-jail chip.
You can lose your guy-card for wasting it. :D

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any recommendations of a place to stay nearby (for a family of 6 with 4 young kids)?

With a 9am start for JT we'd have to be on the road by 6am, which is going to be tough with our crew and very stressful. So I'm thinking of finding a place to stay Friday night.... and maybe even Saturday if I race too since cat 2 doesn't start till 12, and itd be nice to hang out after racing not thinking about the 2+ hr drive home.
The two hotels on the right of the map will be the easiest and fastest to get to and from the race. They are directly off of the exit before Stewart, and maybe 3 miles total frm the race start.
Stewart Info.png

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Never used airbnb but have friends who swear by it... gonna check that out, thanks!!
steve and i use it A LOT. we've had some really nice places! and a little adventure in a camper van

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Note

8.78 miles and only 478' of climbing....(which after riding it I find shocking that its that much). I cant think of a spot where there is more than like 30sec of climbing.

If you did the stewart 45, we took some of the greatest bits from that loop and added in some other classic stewart this and that. The loop is very fast and very flowy...8.78 miles will feel like 5.36.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
steve and i use it A LOT. we've had some really nice places! and a little adventure in a camper van

Yeah, airbnb is awesome and much better than staying in a random hotel. We use it whenever we go anywhere.

Top Bottom