GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheel Info

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nah. If they had computers that good, maybe the cars wouldn't burn that much oil.

not sure about Ford, but Dodge actually programmed a break in period into the engines on the demons (and likely the hellcats too) so that you have limited power which would increase incrementally through the break in period (this from a demon owner who had the documentation on hand to back it up), so its not at all unbelievable that the computer is watching and knowing and controlling.

rick81721

Lothar
not sure about Ford, but Dodge actually programmed a break in period into the engines on the demons (and likely the hellcats too) so that you have limited power which would increase incrementally through the break in period (this from a demon owner who had the documentation on hand to back it up), so its not at all unbelievable that the computer is watching and knowing and controlling.

Motor with all that boost they are trying to prevent them from grenading. Maybe the GT500 will have something like that, the only controls on my motor are related to oil temp and drag mode.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Motor with all that boost they are trying to prevent them from grenading. Maybe the GT500 will have something like that, the only controls on my motor are related to oil temp and drag mode.

anything is possible, but iv heard rumors that all the dodge engines have something like that for a break in, either way its not out of the question for anyone to do, or for them to record the drive cycles during that time, memory is cheap these days . . . .

rick81721

Lothar
DON'T drive it like you stole it. I'll buy it in 5 years.

Do they switch motor vin tags over if it was on the motor?

No I think the number is stamped on the block somewhere, but they put back the original "built by joe and schmoe" placard.

In other news, just finished resonator delete. What a pain in the balls that was.

Before:

20190212_124636.jpg

After:

20190212_142157.jpg

Shoulda just bought another sawzall for FL - this thing blew

20190212_131808.jpg

Test drive after shower

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
No I think the number is stamped on the block somewhere, but they put back the original "built by joe and schmoe" placard.

In other news, just finished resonator delete. What a pain in the balls that was.

Before:

View attachment 87655

After:

View attachment 87656

Shoulda just bought another sawzall for FL - this thing blew

View attachment 87657

Test drive after shower

took ya long enough, how old is the car now? mine were gone in under 2 months . . .

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you get your order in yet @rick81721 ? Ill be interested to see what Evan Smith can do with it up at Atco in the cool weather. Thats pretty quick tho.

rick81721

Lothar
Oil consumption update on motor #2: now has 9000 miles on it. After 2700 miles since the last oil change, oil is down about 0.5 qts. Also emptied about 4 oz from the catch can during that time. Seems to be a good one.

Top Bottom