GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheel Info

rick81721

Lothar
SWEET....make sure you run this current one into the ground..

well if the dealer was "rebuilding it" I would be concerned, but im guessing they are replacing it entirely, or at least the long block.

They replace the entire motor. Apparently they won't even let the dealers tear them down, tho I read one dealer scoped one and it had bad valve seals on two cylinders.

rick81721

Lothar
And once they replace the motor, the car will never run as good as it does now......

Eh I've read enough reports from people that have had the motor replaced - no issues. Plus they should throw in an extended warranty - I already have one but maybe I can cancel it.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Eh I've read enough reports from people that have had the motor replaced - no issues. Plus they should throw in an extended warranty - I already have one but maybe I can cancel it.

Hopefully they are better mechanics than the morons at Chevy who replaced the motor in my Suburban. First they underfilled the transmission and toasted that, then there were a handful of random electrical shorts.

rick81721

Lothar
I have one thought tho, burning all that oil, won't the cats get fouled? There is no blue smoke visible, as reported by my neighbor in the RTR mustang.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have one thought tho, burning all that oil, won't the cats get fouled? There is no blue smoke visible, as reported by my neighbor in the RTR mustang.
You oil consumption isnt that dramatic, I had a GMC pick up with a 350 that went thru like a quart a day.....If its leaking via the valve guides/seals...You might notice it on deceleration with the throttle closed. And in theory, enough oil into the cats can damage them over time.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
that voodoo engine would fit in with the ford GT alot better than it does in the mustang . . . (just sound and power curve are off from what youd expect from a pony car/muscle car)

rick81721

Lothar
that voodoo engine would fit in with the ford GT alot better than it does in the mustang . . . (just sound and power curve are off from what youd expect from a pony car/muscle car)

Too big for the GT, they needed a smaller motor to get a lower CofG. The GT500 coming out in 2019 is getting a nonFPC version of the voodoo with a huge blower - close to 800 hp

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
thats a good possibililty, but its the type of engine that should be in a high end car like the GT, not a twin turbo v6 :/

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
thats a good possibililty, but its the type of engine that should be in a high end car like the GT, not a twin turbo v6 :/

Yes, but that V6 in the GT actually sounds pretty good. Also, its the more reliable motor since its been in production longer. When you've spent close to half a million on a super car, you don't want to be going back to the dealer once a month for a low-oil light. Imagine the publicity when you're routinely replacing motors in your halo car?

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes, but that V6 in the GT actually sounds pretty good. Also, its the more reliable motor since its been in production longer. When you've spent close to half a million on a super car, you don't want to be going back to the dealer once a month for a low-oil light. Imagine the publicity when you're routinely replacing motors in your halo car?

that first part is a matter of opinion, while iv only heard it in videos i cant say im awed by it.

as far as reliability, ill give you that it has a longer history, but its not a clean history by any stretch since they were eating turbos for a while. Although isnt the 350 supposed to be the halo mustang and they are doing that there . . . sooooooo

rick81721

Lothar
that first part is a matter of opinion, while iv only heard it in videos i cant say im awed by it.

as far as reliability, ill give you that it has a longer history, but its not a clean history by any stretch since they were eating turbos for a while. Although isnt the 350 supposed to be the halo mustang and they are doing that there . . . sooooooo

Halo mustang? $500K vs $60K!

rick81721

Lothar

I doubt many GT owners are driving them enough to ever find out about mechanical issues...

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Halo mustang? $500K vs $60K!

yea not brands halo car, halo trim for a given car, atm i believe the 350 is the most expensive trim, would 'premium' trim and powertrain option have been a phrasing more to your liking?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
God the mass produced engine block castings now are amazing compared to what is in my old mustang....0 core shift, 0 casting flash

The GT was fitted with the 3.5 for packaging reasons...I mean the only detriment to this decision was the sound...certainly not the horsepower, in race form with this stupid BOP they deal with, the car has to be detuned so its not out there lapping the corvettes. Everything with the GT was done for it to be a better race car....as opposed to the 05-06 GT where they wanted to make a tribute to the original car. I dont know, wouldnt bother me.

rick81721

Lothar
yea not brands halo car, halo trim for a given car, atm i believe the 350 is the most expensive trim, would 'premium' trim and powertrain option have been a phrasing more to your liking?

Yes most expensive trim level right now (tho a fully loaded Bullitt comes within $7K). Next year the GT500 will be the top.

Top Bottom