GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheel Info

rick81721

Lothar
First light at the dealer in pennsy. Dusk doesn't do this paint justice, will get some better pics later this week. Good lord the sound of that motor in sport exhaust mode is intoxicating, and I've barely hit 4K rpm. Can't imagine what it sounds like at red line. 10 years off driving a manual tranny sure shows tho, my first gear shifts were terrible.

23164484_475447949508070_2699303197968695296_n.jpg

Mountain Bike Mike

Glad to see someone on this forum finally bought a real car... Inspiring me to trade in my Camry.. lol

@Carson let us down with that POS german shitbox and imitation off road truck... figures coming from a guy with a garage-mahal

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks awesome!

You'll have to retrain your ears to shift above 6000rpm. You think you have to shift but you'll have 2000rpm you go.

Best of luck with it!

Razor blade and Goo-gone those Commonwealth inspection and emissions stickers off that windshield!

rick81721

Lothar
After 2 weeks - dislikes so far. Both are related - 1. sport exhaust valves close in 6th gear, so tend to drive on highway in 5th. Which leads to 2. she drinks 93 octane like a drunker sailor

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
After 2 weeks - dislikes so far. Both are related - 1. sport exhaust valves close in 6th gear, so tend to drive on highway in 5th. Which leads to 2. she drinks 93 octane like a drunker sailor

That's interesting... Can you reopen it? Or is it always closed in 6th gear?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saw this today....im sure its probably standard fare now for Mustangs/Camaros/Challengers....but still for a set of drag radials/tuning some impressive #s...lifting the front wheels is always a nice bonus....I remember when 11's were big deal for a street car...way back in the old timey days :)
attachment.php

Stock, non performance pack 10 speed auto. - 12.00@118.44
Lighter wheels with better rubber - 11.92@119.8
93oct tune - 11.56@122.02
e85 tune - 11.31@124

Mountain Bike Mike

Saw this today....im sure its probably standard fare now for Mustangs/Camaros/Challengers....but still for a set of drag radials/tuning some impressive #s...lifting the front wheels is always a nice bonus....I remember when 11's were big deal for a street car...way back in the old timey days :)
attachment.php

Stock, non performance pack 10 speed auto. - 12.00@118.44
Lighter wheels with better rubber - 11.92@119.8
93oct tune - 11.56@122.02
e85 tune - 11.31@124

I remember a similar evolution with motorcycles... Where my father thought it was a big deal when he took his Kawi H2 in to the low 12s in the 80s... Then I took my GSXR to mid 10s in the 90s and then I took my Kawi 12 in to the 9s (bone stock)...

I haven't kept up with the latest but the latest Kawi H2 is probably in the 8s now..

This makes me want a Mustache more now... Damn you!

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's pretty awesome. Good to see another Orange paint available. However that is a Track Pack car and it also has the performance exhaust. I think that's the only way to get the 3.73 rear now.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's pretty awesome. Good to see another Orange paint available. However that is a Track Pack car and it also has the performance exhaust. I think that's the only way to get the 3.73 rear now.
well I saw this is in the title:
Over the weekend Lund Racing took their Orange Fury ’18 Coyote to the drag strip and finished the day with several 11.3x passes in its 10R80 10-speed Mustang GT with 3.15 gears.

No idea if that is correct...either way...dam.

rick81721

Lothar
At my physical today doc is a car enthusiast - currently has an S7. He said you gotta take the GT350 to Englishtown and run it. He also mentioned they have some kind of dragster you can drive for $100 a run - he and his dad did it and he said it was amazing. They are supposed to be governed to run 10 sec tops but being a tall guy he got the fastest one and pulled a 9.8!

PS found a great road close to home to practice 0-60+ runs. 206 bypass between amwell and Hillsboro road. Do a slow run first to make sure there are no cops, then drop the hammer - can run north and south. Sorry @clarkenstein if you hear a racket to the west!

Last edited:

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well I saw this is in the title:
Over the weekend Lund Racing took their Orange Fury ’18 Coyote to the drag strip and finished the day with several 11.3x passes in its 10R80 10-speed Mustang GT with 3.15 gears.

No idea if that is correct...either way...dam.

Who knows. The front wheels and spoiler are the Perf pack items. And with PP/Auto you get 3.55 not the 3.73 of the manual anyway. Maybe they swapped the rear. It is impressive.

They are getting expensive, though. A GT/PP with just SYNC3 and adjustable suspension is $45,000. With that you don't even get leather seats. But that is the same MSRP as a Camaro 1SS 1LE. Makes the $60,000 GT350 look more attractive!

Top Bottom