GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheel Info

rick81721

Lothar
The interesting stuff to me anyway
  • 2018 Mustang offers an EcoBoost and GT model only. V6 is gone.
  • MagneRide adaptive dampers available on both EcoBoost and GT Performance Packs
  • 5.0-liter V8 and 2.3-liter EcoBoost will both get power increases (exact HP/TQ increases not yet released)
  • Performance Package available on automatic and/or convertible Mustangs (no need to choose anymore)
  • The 2018 Mustang GT gets an updated 5.0-liter Coyote V8 with both port and direct fuel injection which allows Ford to increase the V8's compression ratio from 11.0:1 to 12.0:1.
  • Available six-speed manual transmission for both GT and EcoBoost (with twin-disc clutch and new dual mass flywheel on the Mustang GT)
  • 10-speed optional automatic transmission available for both models
  • GT Performance Package receives Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires
  • EcoBoost Performance Package retains Pirelli P-Zeros
  • Mustang GT gets optional active exhaust
11 to 12:1 compression and DI, that should be a significant HP bump. The 10speed will probably hit 60 like 3 or 4 tenths faster...which will further kill manual sales. Magna-ride option on a GT should be interesting.

Doesnt look so bad in a dark color...
attachment.php

Just read the details. With the bump in HP plus magnaride option (I previously read there are 2 Performance pack options) gotta wonder if they are going to do something to up performance of the GT350.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fully loaded, you'll see a Mustang hit $50,000 I'm guessing.

That 10-speed auto is already in the F-150 and Raptor. Seems to be getting good reviews.

I'd still rather have the 310hp V6 over a Ecoboost.

THATmanMANNY

On of the worst things being stuck behind on the road is the new Pilot. Boring AF. The last gen had a nice boxy edge to it.

I am 50/50 on the mustang refresh. Old one looks nice and bold. New one is a little more edgey, hip, and aggressive.

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Owner is full of shit, or was high on some serious Indica. This is the automotive equivalent to " I was just riding along and......"

Is that an S6 or S7 btw?
2016 S6

@UtahJoe insurance only authorized wheel, tire and outer tie rod.
Lower arms are bent and possible bearing housing.
THe wheel is pushed back 1 inch they are sending the adjuster back out.
2k-3k

Last edited:

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
2016 S6

@UtahJoe insurance only authorized wheel, tire and out tie rod.
Lower arms are bent and possible bearing housing.
He wheel is pushed back 1 inch they are sending the adjuster back out.
2k-3k

Knuckle head probably nailed a curb while half in the bag or driving like a dipshit, I don't think a pothole will push the wheel back 1". Pothole will bend/crack the wheel and put a bubble in the sidewall, blow the tire out if its big enough. That nice cut in the tire looks like he clipped it at an angle.

I considering picking one of those up certified, with the sport diff. That's my plan for next year, depending on how diesel gate goes. Hows the reliability of that air suspension?

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good to know, I always had reservations about air suspension. How bout carbon buildup in the 4.0T intake valves? I know VW/Audi had problems with the previous generation 2.0T and naturally aspirated 4.0 direct injection engines. I've seen it on someone's RS4 and in the 2.0T first hand.
The 4.0t is a reverse engine. The intake manifold is on the side where the exhaust manifold should be.
We haven't had any problem s with carbon. Yet!

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
The 4.0t is a reverse engine. The intake manifold is on the side where the exhaust manifold should be.
We haven't had any problem s with carbon. Yet!

Benz has also started putting their turbos in v between the 2 cylinder banks. Not finding much on the interweb on carbon on the 4.0T, heres to hopping that Audi has finally figured out how to properly vent a crank case.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Could be. I had a 1965 Ford Falcon as a daily driver, then a 1965 Ford Mustang as a daily driver.

I'll take my Honda Fit as a daily over them any day.

the heat will work better in the fit. and the a/c.

i was chatting with the owner of this 'classics' lot - and they don't try to keep things stock.
usually transplant a 4 speed w/OD trans into the pony cars. they look good, cause the guy can paint,
but the price stays reasonable, because they aren't candidates for being collectable. he had a nice 300ZX, but it wasn't the twin turbo model. always liked that car.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the heat will work better in the fit. and the a/c.

i was chatting with the owner of this 'classics' lot - and they don't try to keep things stock.
usually transplant a 4 speed w/OD trans into the pony cars. they look good, cause the guy can paint,
but the price stays reasonable, because they aren't candidates for being collectable. he had a nice 300ZX, but it wasn't the twin turbo model. always liked that car.
Ya thats a perfect candidate for that....coupes are rarely worth much unless they are something weird..like a 289 K code GT, they just made so many. Just make it look nice/shiny...v8 soundtrack...people will always want them to cruise around in.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Exactly. I rather miss my '65 coupe in the fact that it was a stupid fun car just to cruise around in. ARM OUT THE WINDOW WITH VENT WINDOWS AND NO B-PILLAR. Not a fast muscle car but just a nice car to drive around in.

Simple car and fine for a short commute. But there's no going back from a modern car.

Top Bottom