GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheel Info

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why is that all the new car bodies have this kind of "smooth" feel .. no sharp edges, glossy, etc.. I don't know how to quite explain it better than that. When I look at cars from 70s and compare them to today, the older cars have much more unique feel to them, vs cars these days they kind of start looking similar. Is it that production is easier to produce these kind of bodies? Or manufacturers are so concerned on aerodynamics? Paint tech has improved?

Mountain Bike Mike

Saw these sales #s posted. Im kinda surprised the mustang outsold the camaro by such a big margin given its now on its 3rd year since being redesigned, whereas the camaro is on its first.

Mustang:
  • 7,064 - December
  • 105,932 - 2016 Total

Camaro:
  • 7,000 - December
  • 72,705- 2016 Total

Challenger:
  • 5,257 - December
  • 64,433 - 2016 Total

you're showing your Ford again..

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why is that all the new car bodies have this kind of "smooth" feel .. no sharp edges, glossy, etc.. I don't know how to quite explain it better than that. When I look at cars from 70s and compare them to today, the older cars have much more unique feel to them, vs cars these days they kind of start looking similar. Is it that production is easier to produce these kind of bodies? Or manufacturers are so concerned on aerodynamics? Paint tech has improved?

Combination of all of them.....Aerodynamics is one reason...Its also much easier to make a single piece plastic molded front end...as opposed to say my 67 mustang that has about 20 metal components all bolted together. Much easier to assembly the car. Plus all cars now have to be designed around safety standards...crumple zones, 5mph bumpers, giant wheels to go over giant brakes...High door lines

New challenger vs old challenger shows this off well....notice how high the doors come up on the new challenger
a86c4ed47e2d177872fadac02b8620fc.jpg

You cant really hang your arm out of a car window like you used to be able to bc of modern safety standards.

Also gone are all of the small detail items...Dodge spelled out on the hood in letters, emblems, stainless trim...granted some of that stuff doesnt look right on a modern car...but modern cars really dont have any of those cool details anymore.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The arm-out-the-window thing really bothers me. New cars make you feel like you're locked up in a cage.

My '65 Mustang had frameless windows and no B-Pillar. Very open feeling. Heck, there was the triangle shaped vent window that also opened up and there was a fresh air vent that brought air in through from the cowl.

Girlfriend's 2010 Mustang makes you feel like you're in a coffin and you can't see shit out of it.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can you do a manual hybrid? Has anyone or are they all DCT or direct drive?

Yes. I even drove an original Insight in a stick.

But realistically I doubt there's much of a market for it. And a hybrid with a CVT is probably even more fuel efficient. Someone buying a stick car probably wants their car to handle properly, unlike a Hybrid.

They all need some sort of transmission. Not so much for the electric motor but for the gas engine.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The arm-out-the-window thing really bothers me. New cars make you feel like you're locked up in a cage.

My '65 Mustang had frameless windows and no B-Pillar. Very open feeling. Heck, there was the triangle shaped vent window that also opened up and there was a fresh air vent that brought air in through from the cowl.

Girlfriend's 2010 Mustang makes you feel like you're in a coffin and you can't see shit out of it.

So agree...even my 67 fastback which by 67 standards had a small amount of windows...open the vent windows, regular windows, under dash vent, and rear vent...you feel like you are in a convertible there is so much air going through. Is there a car made today where you can put down the window, put arm on window sill, still hold the steering wheel? Seems so trivial, but its one of those old car things that makes the experience so enjoyable.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
New challenger vs old challenger shows this off well....notice how high the doors come up on the new challenger
a86c4ed47e2d177872fadac02b8620fc.jpg

You cant really hang your arm out of a car window like you used to be able to bc of modern safety standards.
It also looks like the new Challenger could literally EAT the old model.

I have no tolerance for these 21st century "coupes" that are built on full-size sedan platforms. The Camaro is fucking enormous as well, yet you can barely see out of the damn thing.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah it's not great. It honestly looks like the Fusion. Guys on the forums are losing their minds over it.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Everyone loves it when you bring back the old scholl style. Make it progressively look more modern and modern. Designers can't help themselves.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah it's not great. It honestly looks like the Fusion. Guys on the forums are losing their minds over it.
Looks pretty much the same to me anyway...man they barely even changed the shape of the grille.
ee845de5e281734f893dd7e71339b2ad.jpg

Everyone loves it when you bring back the old scholl style. Make it progressively look more modern and modern. Designers can't help themselves.
Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, Miatas, Challenger, Jeeps....They all have the same issue that the star wars series has...They are institutions, so nobody wants to fuck with them...Especially now that Mustang sales are pretty successful....Back in the 80s Pony car sales started out in the toilet, so making a hatch back mustang was fine. They arent going to get too crazy with the looks now

Mountain Bike Mike

Looks pretty much the same to me anyway...man they barely even changed the shape of the grille.

Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, Miatas, Challenger, Jeeps....They all have the same issue that the star wars series has...They are institutions, so nobody wants to fuck with them...Especially now that Mustang sales are pretty successful....Back in the 80s Pony car sales started out in the toilet, so making a hatch back mustang was fine. They arent going to get too crazy with the looks now

of the two, I like the old better. I prefer the hood lines, the fog / blinkers and shape of headlights on the old over the new

rick81721

Lothar

Yeah it's subtle and maybe the pic is distorted. The new one looks wider and shorter

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The interesting stuff to me anyway
  • 2018 Mustang offers an EcoBoost and GT model only. V6 is gone.
  • MagneRide adaptive dampers available on both EcoBoost and GT Performance Packs
  • 5.0-liter V8 and 2.3-liter EcoBoost will both get power increases (exact HP/TQ increases not yet released)
  • Performance Package available on automatic and/or convertible Mustangs (no need to choose anymore)
  • The 2018 Mustang GT gets an updated 5.0-liter Coyote V8 with both port and direct fuel injection which allows Ford to increase the V8's compression ratio from 11.0:1 to 12.0:1.
  • Available six-speed manual transmission for both GT and EcoBoost (with twin-disc clutch and new dual mass flywheel on the Mustang GT)
  • 10-speed optional automatic transmission available for both models
  • GT Performance Package receives Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires
  • EcoBoost Performance Package retains Pirelli P-Zeros
  • Mustang GT gets optional active exhaust
11 to 12:1 compression and DI, that should be a significant HP bump. The 10speed will probably hit 60 like 3 or 4 tenths faster...which will further kill manual sales. Magna-ride option on a GT should be interesting.

Doesnt look so bad in a dark color...
attachment.php

Top Bottom