Group Ride 11/18 Wildcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Brothers and sisters, let us come together and gather to give thanks for the fall harvest and ride bikes. Reverend @JimN will lead us in harmony around the trails known as Wildcat/Splitrock. Whatever you choose to call this place, please know that these trails are technical with some climbing, this ride will be a step up in difficulty from Chimney Rock.

We will split as needed to accomadate different levels of fitness and ability, however this will be a tough go if you are not accustomed to riding rocks. If this is not for you, don't be discouraged, we have an easier venue on tap for December.

Please join us if you can. Carpool if you can, parking is tight.

If you know these trails and want to help lead rides please let me know, we can always use help;)

November 18, Sunday
9am
Directions to parking lot.
Bat Cave Property
Parking Lot off Lower Hibernia Rd, Green Pond Rd, Hibernia, NJ 07842
https://goo.gl/maps/aZPNgmWpqe62

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The rockaway river barn is right there and while not spectacular, at least has beer and is on the way in.

Gotta see what the week brings but wood like to make it. What loop are you thinking?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What loop are you thinking?

Last year we did the old school counter clockwise loop: beach glen to righter mine up to the dam, yellow to the gravel road to the hawk watch, then down orange and the spine. I feel like this is a really good intro to wildcat loop that also let's us hit the main sights: the bat cave, iron furnace/dam, hawk watch, and graveyard. That loop also let us easily split up twice, once with a faster group doing the righter mine singletrack and once with a faster group doing orange instead of the gravel road to the hawk watch. We might just do that again or hit oreland or something. I'm open to ideas. I should have more help this year from people that know the trails, so we can maybe split into 2-3 groups or something too, but I'll probably just see who shows up and wing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom