Gravel ride?

hooples3

Anyone have some info on a mostly gravel, maybe some road, loop to ride while the trails dry up?

looking to get some distance in as well so trying to stay away from 5 mile loops.

Any advice or GPX tracks would be greatly appreciated!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Where are you located? You can get your fix on dirt/gravel in the Sourlands, or Bedminster/RV area.

jackx

Where are you located? You can get your fix on dirt/gravel in the Sourlands, or Bedminster/RV area.
Yeah, definitely depends on where you live or how far you want to drive.
What @pearl said. There is a (fairly) large area of gravel roads in Bedminster, in the Larger Cross area just North of Route 78. Spook Hollow Rd, Long Rd, etc. You can ride gravel almost all the way up to Chester on Pottersville Rd.

I find 25mm tires to be a bit too narrow for these roads.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Thank you so much!

Just an FYI on that loop. It goes through Trump's Golf Course so on weekend's he's in town it's closed off. Easy reroute though, just stay on Lamington and make a right onto Larger Cross at the end.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Yeah, definitely depends on where you live or how far you want to drive.
What @pearl said. There is a (fairly) large area of gravel roads in Bedminster, in the Larger Cross area just North of Route 78. Spook Hollow Rd, Long Rd, etc. You can ride gravel almost all the way up to Chester on Pottersville Rd.

I find 25mm tires to be a bit too narrow for these roads.

I only rode 25mm on them!

qclabrat

Does anyone know if Trump's trail is private, saw it in Google maps
Screenshot_20180124-224450.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Does it go through the golf course?

its off the terminus of east river rd, after the turn through the course. Looks like a utility area, then the path.
loops all the way around the course. Looks like some of it is cart path!

Top Bottom