GranFondo Yunnan

qclabrat

My wife if trying to entice me to travel with her to China by dangling the GranFondo stage in Kunming. It's only 18 days away. The Kunming stage is the first of 5 in the province of Yunnan in western China. It's the not longest stage at 110km or about 70 miles for us state side non-converts. I haven't ridden over 50 this year, but don't think it's an issue for me to be able to finish. The broom wagon does come out to sweep at 50 miles if not at the last check point at the designated time. I'm pretty busy at work and local charities so timing isn't an ideal me. Though the event is quite fascinating, and hard to say no to. There is one issue, we'll be away during the election, so if Armageddon occurs, we won't be there for my kids and family. I'll need decide in a day or two. But looks like I'll be road biking lots in the next two weeks. Not sure which bike to take yet, I wish I still had the Bike Friday.

http://www.granfondochina.com/index...or-registration&catid=1:news&Itemid=2&lang=en

5.jpg

How will your neck play into all of this?
I'll find out in a few days, getting out early for a ride today, I will probably get a cortisone shot before I leave as well
the weather is pretty nice there, 70s now and 60s in a few weeks
one thing that concerns me is the elevation, its about the same as Denver, the course is flat since it goes around a lake
I don't expect to have elevation sickness, but expect the altitude have an effect on my conditioning, I'm going have to start running hills again to prep

for those not familiar with Yunnan province, it's like Texas to us in relation to NJ
upload_2016-10-18_13-53-39.png

Back
Top Bottom