GPS anyone?

FitmanNJ

this isn't from my GPS, I just did a quick search on GC. Looks like this guy covered pretty much everything. Well, everything that I'm aware of.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/177148478

Hi. I'm "this guy," and I've been trying to capture as many New Jersey trail systems as possible with my Garmin 705. I then trace them onto Open Street Map, and eventually they're incorporated into the version of OSM that's downloadable (seems to take a few weeks). Once you've got the lastest version of OSM, you can load it back onto your bike GPS and have the trails available on your GPS' map screen.

I say this because this ride doesn't "flow" as much as if you knew where you were going. I'd go down some trails, find they weren't passable, and have to backtrack. Others were interesting, but not recently maintained, so they were very overgrown...and sometimes muddy.

The bottom line is that this file might serve you best as a mapped "guideline" of where you can go at Baldpate, but you might not want to "play" the ride (i.e., have it give you turn-by-turn directions, etc.).

All-in-all, I had a good time and intend to return. There are some great views. I'd characterize the western part of the park as more fire roads, and the eastern section more singletrack (in some ways, more interesting, but a bigger maintenance challenge with less natural drainage). Have fun!

this isn't from my GPS, I just did a quick search on GC. Looks like this guy covered pretty much everything. Well, everything that I'm aware of.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/177148478

I'm noticing 2 missing trails, but I imagine they might be overgrown by now. The one comes in off of Fiddlers Creek Road about halfway between Church and River Road. The other is right near the little creek crossing you do along the powerlines between the open field and Pleasant Valley Road. The last time I rode them about 2 months ago and they were both a little hard to spot back then if you didn't know where they were.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
There is so much potential here, but the constant use of fall line routing and goofy layouts are holding it back from what it could be.

Maybe one day I will move out this way and give it a new life.

TeamMuddySprocket

I'm noticing 2 missing trails, but I imagine they might be overgrown by now. The one comes in off of Fiddlers Creek Road about halfway between Church and River Road. The other is right near the little creek crossing you do along the powerlines between the open field and Pleasant Valley Road. The last time I rode them about 2 months ago and they were both a little hard to spot back then if you didn't know where they were.

yeah there is a loop that starts and ends on fiddlers creek..

J- there is a TM session this month perhaps you can send in some feedback
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26845

rcarch seems to be in charge

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is so much potential here, but the constant use of fall line routing and goofy layouts are holding it back from what it could be.

Maybe one day I will move out this way and give it a new life.

This guy Rich came in recently and has been organizing a whole shit load of TM's. Not sure if he's on this forum. Somehow I got added to the Facebook group so I see that there's been a lot going on all of a sudden.

Top Bottom