Got Wood??

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
So I have just received approval to build an elevated boardwalk across the mud bog on the blue trail.

This will be the longest span that I will have built at Six mile so i am going to need a boat load of materials.

This spot floods like crazy so I want to build this to last.

I have a wish list of things that i will need:

All the wood needs to be pressure treated so keep that in mind.

- 2 x 6 or 2 x 8 lumber in lengths of 8 foot or greater

- Trex decking (cut into 2' foot lengths for easy transport)

-4 x4 posts (4' or longer)

- Trex decking screws

-Bags of cement

-Galvanized decking hardware

-Motorized auger (so I don't have to hand dig 50 post holes)

-Home Depot gift cards (so I don't have to shell out for all this myself)

-Volunteer hours

We will start on this project in mid August before things get too muddy. We will be working on this on weekday mornings. (since that works best for me)

I only ask that you hold onto the supplies till Aug, but let me know if you have any to donate.

Once this boardwalk is done, we should be able to enjoy the loop at 6 mile in the wettest months with dry feet! :)

Thanks

J_

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool yo.

How much of everything do you need? Perhaps someone can track what you need and what you have so you're not left short when you think you got it all.

I'll donate something.

Mare

FYI, Craigslist might be a good place to get some supplies. I looked today and found a lot of stones that could be used in some project. Not that they help you with this, but I am just posting to bring to people's attention that there's a lot of free stuff there. If anyone every sees anything useful, scoop it up!

I'd scoop up the stones for future use, but I don't have a truck, I don't have the desire to shovel 2 tons of stones, and I don't have anywhere to store them cause my living room is too packed with boxes for moving. :)

Scalpeler

Just got done building a deck at my brother's place and have a bunch of left over 2x4's, 2x6's, 2x8's and 4x4's that are pressure treated. I didnt see 2x4's on the list, but can you use them?

Last edited:

Dictatorsaurus

Sounds like a massive project. How long do you want to build the walkway?

I'll donate HD gift card and volunteer hours. You'll get to enjoy my sweaty good looks every morning.

jdog

Shop Keep
Thanks to all who have donated so far. This winter we will all be riding with dry feet.

jdog

Shop Keep
Thanks to Spencer who donated a truckload of pressure treated 2 x8's last night. Also a huge thanks to the many generous gifts of Home Depot gift cards.

As of today I think i have about 1/2 of the wood and hardware needed for this project. Keep it coming!

Thanks

J_

jdog

Shop Keep
Still on the hunt for Pressure treated:

2x 6s in 30"(or greater) lengths

2 x 8s in 8' + Lengths.

6x6 posts

fit4life

Yes they seem to be pressure treated. They have been outside for a while and are still in decent shape. I can drop off at the shop on Tuesday between 6 and 7pm

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions