Google video ads ruining the experience on mtbnj.com

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
He all -

I'm running a chromebox - up to date, without any mods.
When one of these ads attempts to start in the page footer(?) my cursor won't stay focused to type,
and the tab hangs too.

anyone seeing this? I did a search, but couldn't find anything.

here is the logo (looks like a nose) - before the video starts. it also takes a long time to initialize.
doesn't matter if i reboot - same result. This has been going on for a couple months

Screenshot 2017-04-01 at 10.17.09.png

Last edited:
This has been going on for a couple months

I get the same thing. At home I have ad blocker (sorry guys) so it's not an issue. However at work with no ad blocker I have the problem (chrome, latest version). Seems like the ad steals the cursor focus somehow.

Nothing like that here. 2 machines both with Mozilla. Same on the smartphone

i may need to make an extension (or is it script?) to eliminate the media handler.

i found 1 reference to the hangs in google discussions.

I've experienced the same issue (I turn ad block off for MTBNJ). Chrome browser on Windows 7 (work) and Mac (home).

found one problem - my chromebox is connected by cable, and the wifi was on, and connected to the same subnet. two paths through the same
network is a no-no, so some of the response problem was resolved. will see what happens with those vid ads.

I can't reply on the desktop because of it. Ads pop up and basically crash the site.

I have never ever seen a video play on the Google ads thing. Does it only happen on video ads? How often does a video ad appear for you?

Yes, the site is slow as hell. I might put in a ticket if wait one more night fix does not help.

I have never ever seen a video play on the Google ads thing. Does it only happen on video ads? How often does a video ad appear for you?

Yes, the site is slow as hell. I might put in a ticket if wait one more night fix does not help.

they may be animated gifs with "much" animation - def has the symbol, and a multi-colored progress "circle" when loading.
hasn't happened since i fixed my network settings, but site is still slow - i'm wondering if some of it is the top banner ad load

well - i'm trying to type this post but keep losing cursor focus because of the ad.
i clicked the 'cancel' button for the ad, and was able to continue. same as the pic in my OP.

For what it's worth, the pages seem to be loading quickly again as opposed to the past couple of days. Something seems to have changed...

If someone can help me replicate the issue, it can be fixed or scheduled for removal.

Back
Top Bottom