Good riding near Bar Harbor, Maine

johnnyrides

Hi all, I'll be heading to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park to do some hiking and kayaking in mid-September but it doesn't look like much of a mountain biking location.........almost like there is none.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good MTB locations within say 30-40 minutes of Bar Harbor?

Thanks for any guidance or suggestions. Much appreciated.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Not that close, but use the Trailforks app to find trails in Camden and bath. Both are super fun.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No mountain biking on the island, other than the carriage roads which can be ripped through in a day. Hiking trails are way off limits to bikes. Seeing how it takes 20-30m to get to the main land, there's really nothing within 30-40m.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
If your staying on the island I would just bring a bike to ride the pavement and carriage roads. Not singletrack but great scenery nonetheless.

johnnyrides

Ok. May have to head out further than expected. Will bring my CX bike too. Will check Trailforks and thanks for the advise.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok. May have to head out further than expected. Will bring my CX bike too. Will check Trailforks and thanks for the advise.
CX bike is a good option. It's all fine, hardpack gravel on the carriage roads, and then you can still do park loop or ride up Cadillac on skinnies rather than a MTB.

Mountain Bike Mike

CX bike is a good option. It's all fine, hardpack gravel on the carriage roads, and then you can still do park loop or ride up Cadillac on skinnies rather than a MTB.

Can I get away with 25c on the gravel or is it a 35c knob kinda ride... Similar to Mohonk carriage roads?

Mountain Bike Mike

Pretty similar. What did you end up riding at Mohonk? Pick the same.

I rode the All City Space Horse with 35c knobs and fenders

738EC250-99C5-4FEB-A424-CC460B27B59F.jpeg

Hakimaki

Cadillac is a great climb that'll reward you with a beautiful view. It's definitely worth the effort. Also, downing 3 lobsters post ride makes it that much better.

Mahnken

I rode all the carriage roads with 23c. A little less than ideal, but it's what I had with me. Great sights.
IMG_20180701_054001.jpg

Top Bottom