Good quality chain lube that doesn’t cling?

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I've been using Tri-Flow for years. I don't know if it's ideal for geared bikes (i.e., I don't know if it dries out too quickly when it's "used" more for shifting) but on the SS it's great. I'm also pretty meticulous about my drivetrain, though - I clean it at least once a week. I figure I can let the rest of the bike get dirty and it's no big deal, but my drivetrain needs to be in good shape all the time. Again, this is probably much easier with a SS than a geared bike because it takes me only a few minutes and I don't have to worry about buildup on the derailleur pulleys.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Please excuse if someone posted this already:

Fast Chain Lubes that Save You Money

Nerd out all you want with this one.

Both Kerin and Smith agree that most chain lubricants traditionally described as “dry” are the worst performers for real-world riding.

“Dry lubes are mostly a carrier, which evaporates; they don’t last,” Kerin said. “They carry about 10% actual lubrication.”

Clif Notes:

“Silca NFS lube is the pick of the bunch” he said. “[It’s the] longest-lasting by far of the drip lubes I’ve tested.”

So @jShort. I wonder how this varies from the NFS lube I bought directly from the guy

one piece crank

I use dry/wax lube exclusively on a SS with a big KMC BMX chain. I used to get the little bottles of KryTech Dry you had to shake-up while applying, but found the aerosol has more evaporative carrier so it not only flows into the chain better, but flushes dirt and grim off the chain as you re-lube. You do need to let it "set" before riding.

Top Bottom