Good quality chain lube that doesn’t cling?

The NFS guy said to vigorously wipe after every ride.
I pretty much do. I hit it was a rag and tiny little bit of simple green bike degreaser. Like, half a spray.. so far so good.

Applying right before a ride is asking for a crapped up chain. And every ride?

Before EVERY ride yep. That does not mean right before the ride in the parking lot. How hard is it to lube the chain?

Does this look crapped up to you, after 12 miles today c-rock.

Attachments

• chain.jpg
    chain.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 259
@jimvreeland
Didn't your shop use to mix dumonde tech and t-9?
I recall a patented Tech-9 mixture.

Does lube really matter when u r running a SS? I like rock n roll gold which is self cleaning. Thinking about giving molten wax a try.

Does lube really matter when u r running a SS? I like rock n roll gold which is self cleaning. Thinking about giving molten wax a try.

I think @MadDan can comment on waxing. He gives his drivetrain the full Brazilian every 3 weeks or so.

I started waxing my chains. Starting with a brand new chain. I started this winter so I can't give LONG term results.

I will say however that you really want to roll the chain over a metal bar or something to "break up" the excess wax. Otherwise you end up with a dirty wax mess in your derailleur cage, derailleurs & cassette. I tried skipping that step and it was a poor idea.

I use Rock N Roll Blue. Key with that stuff is to wipe it off really good after applying since it's a cleaner and dry lube all in one (great for a 2 minute post ride cleaning)

Haven't given gold a shot, but I have some in my tool case.

ive been using this since mid summer. i probably apply it every 150ish miles. my chain is clean to the touch and my drivetrain attracts nearly no debris. havent used a wet lube since. and have been very pleased so far. not really for the lazy folk it takes about 10 mins to apply.

I have been using the Tetra lube for the past few months. It works just fine. It doesn't gum up as much as the Squirt lube. But I don't know if it penetrates down into the links like Pro Gold does. You do need to apply the Tetra a bit more frequently. I just got a bottle of their dry lube and curious to see if that is any better.

Sometime I think its all the same stuff and doesn't make a huge world of a difference cause I have tried a lot of different products, and haven't noticed a chain lasting significantly longer or I suddenly had turbo boosters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom