Golf instructor recommendations

qclabrat

Looking for a new instructor for my kid, been going to Neshanic with Fred and David for years
But its time for her to move on, she's been on the varsity team since Freshman year but her swing is still off a bit and the ball doesn't jump or get the trajectory like I would expect, given that her swing tempo and setup is pretty good. I'm in Somerset county and looking to drive about 30-40 mins max.
thanks all

rick81721

Lothar
Can't go wrong with Ty Webb

pic4.jpg

qclabrat

I will buy new bikes and very soon based on my track record....
@rick81721, you never took lessons in all the years you played? I've had about 4-5 teachers and none were good except the guys at Neshanic

There is a great instructor in Cranbury who coaches for ladies team in Princeton, but that's too far to go on a regular basis. @jmanic we plan to do one or two camps this summer/fall and will consider the one in Mt Snow. She'll be at Pratt for 5 weeks then another camp in China for 4, so really looking for late summer/fall instruction.

rick81721

Lothar
I will buy new bikes and very soon based on my track record....
@rick81721, you never took lessons in all the years you played? I've had about 4-5 teachers and none were good except the guys at Neshanic

There is a great instructor in Cranbury who coaches for ladies team in Princeton, but that's too far to go on a regular basis. @jmanic we plan to do one or two camps this summer/fall and will consider the one in Mt Snow. She'll be at Pratt for 5 weeks then another camp in China for 4, so really looking for late summer/fall instruction.

Actually I did take lessons from a guy at Royce Brook in Hillsboro years ago. He was very good. Just found him - Warren Raatz

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
My guy moved south - He was great. -10 strokes in a summer, and actually shot a 79 at green brook.....
that was a life ago tho......haven't gone under 100 since the shoulder surgery (see OOS thread!) - 2010

try to find a female pro - old guys teaching young women might not have the expectations and relatability that a F might have.

qclabrat

My guy moved south - He was great. -10 strokes in a summer, and actually shot a 79 at green brook.....
that was a life ago tho......haven't gone under 100 since the shoulder surgery (see OOS thread!) - 2010

try to find a female pro - old guys teaching young women might not have the expectations and relatability that a F might have.
yeah, that was the Cranbury CC instructor, she was great, I just don't want to drive 45 min each way twice a week. See Fiddler's Elbow has some lady pros, will give them a call.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
yeah, that was the Cranbury CC instructor, she was great, I just don't want to drive 45 min each way twice a week. See Fiddler's Elbow has some lady pros, will give them a call.

If Bobbi (sp?) is teaching there, i'd give her a go. I played a few rounds with her clients, and they made solid progress (they were young and athletic)
I can ask my neighbor (she is a co-owner of FE) about aspiring f golf instruction/instructors.

Top Bottom