Going to MCBP in a few weeks, should I be scared?

BPaze

I am out of shape aka fat, most places I fall are soft but unfortunately my face knees and elbows still aren’t lol

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I would love to go even though I ride a hard tail but don’t want to get all the protective gear

Depending on the hardtail you have it’s totally doable. I’ve done it myself on my old bike. Greens and blues and smoother blacks are just fine. But it’s more fun on a big bike.

oobaa47

I'm down for a ride this Friday. I believe they open at 10am this Friday due to the Enduro race, as opposed to their normal summer weekday noon start time . Just not sure what trails will be closed (paging @V-Dub).

@Soundguy: I might have a few more unmarked trails up my sleeve....

oobaa47

Ok, just got an email from Creek, lift spins at 10 am on Friday.....looks like the following trails are closed: stalker, Utah, Epitaph, Stigmata, dmlh, ego trip, Sideshow Bob, Retreat, Legion, and Upper Road to Nowhere.....looks like some more unmarked trails are on the menu for Friday!!

Last edited:

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm down for a ride this Friday. I believe they open at 10am this Friday due to the Enduro race, as opposed to their normal summer weekday noon start time . Just not sure what trails will be closed (paging @V-Dub).

@Soundguy: I might have a few more unmarked trails up my sleeve....
I'm out this week unfortunately. My wounds have healed but the bike has not... Gotta see if somebody can straighten my front wheel out. It's bent just enough that I think it would be taco Tuesday after one jump. Also found out the hard way that cornering on a bent rim is sketchy AF.

qclabrat

When is a good time to go on the weekends now that school is out? early vs late and Sat vs Sun
Don't expect lift lines like the winter, but I'm a bit impatient

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When is a good time to go on the weekends now that school is out? early vs late and Sat vs Sun
Don't expect lift lines like the winter, but I'm a bit impatient
I mostly ride Fridays, but was there a couple Saturdays ago and hardly had to wait in line. Sometimes I feel like the best times to ride are later in the day when the morning crowd is getting burnt out.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The few times i have been there it is the only way up, but i swear ive seen another lift running. The time on the gondi is needed and it actually helps keep traffic on the trails to a minimum. When i do go, Friday at 1PM is great.
there's another lift... but the only time i've seen it running is when the gondola was under construction.

k-drive

Ok, just got an email from Creek, lift spins at 10 am on Friday.....looks like the following trails are closed: stalker, Utah, Epitaph, Stigmata, dmlh, ego trip, Sideshow Bob, Retreat, Legion, and Upper Road to Nowhere.....looks like some more unmarked trails are on the menu for Friday!!

Is that for this weekend?

I'll be up there to ride and watch my brother enduro it up on Saturday afternoon.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is that for this weekend?

I'll be up there to ride and watch my brother enduro it up on Saturday afternoon.
Yeah, they're closing a lot of trails for the race. Should be a pretty cool event to watch when you aren't riding.

oobaa47

I'm out this week unfortunately. My wounds have healed but the bike has not... Gotta see if somebody can straighten my front wheel out. It's bent just enough that I think it would be taco Tuesday after one jump. Also found out the hard way that cornering on a bent rim is sketchy AF.

Good luck...I just spent 2 hours trying to prevent my calipers from rubbing against the rotor, still don't know what's wrong......at least my wheel rotates somewhat now.....enough to bang out some laps tomorrow....anyone else hitting Creek tomorrow morning?

Last edited:
Top Bottom