God I love Craigslist.......

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
in what world is a shoebox on wheels desirable?
That thing has a lot of room.
BikesinElement.jpg

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
My wife was looking to buy one last year but couldn't find one in decent shape that didn't cost a ton. We found a couple on used car lots but none were suitable. They either have just 1 key or I can see some body work, or the car was just a mess. I found one I was willing to test drive and I can tell the brakes were going (will need pads and/or rotors soon), and the aftermarket stereo was too ghetto flashy. Those are great vehicles with a proven strong engine (I had a Honda with the same engine and I put nearly 300,000 miles on it before I sold it) and lots of utility but people just abuse them.... at least the ones we found that are for sale.

pkovo

If my car was to grenade itself tomorrow, I think I would try to pick one of these up. I'm not a car guy, so I could care less that it looks like a shoebox. To me a car is just a tool....it's all about functionality.

It's a good bike and surfboard transport without having to mess with a rack. It has ample room to change in and out of a wetsuit in warmth. Has room to sleep in a pinch. It has the benefits of a minivan, but seems like it would be a bit less cumbersome, and had options for 4wd, and I think even a manual transmission.

I get why they are considered desirable. Not sure why the guy in the ad seems so cranky about it though.

Top Bottom