glorious exit 19

likeloud

there really is tons of great info on this website that fills me in on the past 10 years which I spent much higher than 12k ft but honestly a lot of it is outdated and could someone please enlighten me as to where some of these trails with names like ice cream, lumpy bumpy, and rolly polly are in relation to some of the maps and parking areas. I am familiar with the area and somehow don't know where people are talking about parking at cranberry ledge....is a spot I passed a million times and didn't know it was called that? here are some of the maps im referencing....

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/allamuch_deer_park_north.html

http://www.jorba.org/sites/default/files/Allamuchy.North_.pdf

thank you for any and all info

bozizle

I was just going to post the same question and saw your post. I live literally 2 miles from the Boy Scout camp but moved there this past fall. I want to find out the legal entrance to this side of the park where the 24hr race took place.

Robin

The Cranberry lot is located on Route 206. IF you take the Sussex Branch Trail north from the parking lot, you hit Waving Willy (Green) on the left. That will take you to Lumpy Bumpy.

There is another gate that accesses the Green Trail/WW behind Cranberry Lake. I'm not sure of the exact road name as I've only come across it riding.

Rollie Pollie is off Cardiac/Purple on the top of the ridge. Ice Cream is off the White trail near where the Green/WW trail enters. It starts on the top of the ridge - and if I'm not mistaken, is actually on Boy Scout Property.

Best advice? Get someone who knows the area to take you. There is a marked up map in this thread that you might be able to use.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I've had good success following GPS files from here. I would find something recent and give it a go. Are you just looking for general knowledge or a awesome loop to follow?

likeloud

hey everyone thanks for the input....to pearlhead yes i am looking for both general knowledge as to where these places were and an awesome loop....i read up further in here and found some other useful info to where these trails were.....typical for me overlooking the obvious.....mostly curious bc i partially grew up in lake tranquility so ive actually been playing around those woods for years....i totally understand now the entrances and where i was asking about but plan on making my way in via lake tranquility as i know entrances on highland and forest rd...though highland might be much better....if anyone ever wants to try in these places let me know

jdgang

There is another gate that accesses the Green Trail/WW behind Cranberry Lake. I'm not sure of the exact road name as I've only come across it riding.

The name of the road is Cranberry Ledge. Once you get onto North Shore Road its the first right. This is the other end of Green (Waving Willie). But you will be doing street parking in a residential neighborhood.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Highland has an access just as you get towards the top which is a quad/fire road. It drops right on white between white/green and the white reroute switch back. You are not far from lumby or ice cream at that point. I wish someone would make little signs sometimes to identify these gems. Many good names freaking middle, Dan's and such...

likeloud

Highland has an access just as you get towards the top which is a quad/fire road. It drops right on white between white/green and the white reroute switch back. You are not far from lumby or ice cream at that point. I wish someone would make little signs sometimes to identify these gems. Many good names freaking middle, Dan's and such...

yes exactly!

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Don't forget *itch, Cardiac and Candy A** on the west side...easily access from the Tranquility Farms road on the west side of the park off Route 517. Some decent trail signs on that side marking the way, but agree the best way is to get someone with local knowledge. I'd be happy to guide once the trails dry out.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions