Glen Park Enduro 6/30/2019

DanBrodeen

The Mid Atlantic Super Series makes its first stop at Glen Park in Stroudsburg PA on June 30th! Five stages filled with the Glen's best terrain. Look for new trails built this year like the Green Monster that brings racing all the way back to the ball field. Wabi Sabi food truck will be with us all day serving up breakfast to fuel you for racing and lunch to help speed up that recovery. Be sure to check out their Sango Kura Saki Brewery and Bistro in Delaware Water Gap when visiting the area. The Arlington Diner will once again be making our races stand out by setting up their aid station up top on the transfer. Hit them up on N. 9th Street for the best diner food in town! Everyone's favorite shop, the Pocono Bike Company will be sponsoring the race. Only a short spin from the Glen's trailhead, they carry everything you need for turning laps at GP. Their Wednesday night group rides will be hitting race stages so come out and join the fun! Rides leave from 601 Main Street at 6:05. Cranks Around the Campfire Mountain Bike Festival will also be sponsoring the race with festival passes to category winners as well as setting up the Kids Cranks Corner. Different activities will be set up to keep young ones occupied while parents are out ripping it up! Gonna be an awesome day for both racers and their support crews! Sign up today and get in on the action!

www.bikereg.com/glenparkenduro1

Here is some action from our May 19th North American Enduro World Series Qualifier Race https://www.pinkbike.com/video/501908/

Attachments

• GLEN PARK 6.30.19 FLYER.jpg
    GLEN PARK 6.30.19 FLYER.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 180

DanBrodeen

Lol yea it was fun out there. I think #3 and #5 are my favorites. That's a whole lot of fun packed into a small little park. How much more riding is in there?
Probably 2-3 more runs you could link together. Other half of Park is xc trails.

DanBrodeen

Online reg closed at 9pm with a new MASS record of 125 pre registered riders! Hope we can break 150 on Sunday with Day of registrations! Cash only and it'll be open from 7:30am to 8:30.

xc62701

How does the start of one of these work? All 150 people can’t be ripping up the transfer for the start can they?

xc62701

I don’t know where I finished but I had a great time today. Glen Park is a blast, but even more so if you know it well. I rode every stage holding back a bit but still trying to put in a good time(Since I really had no clue what I’m doing). I had an issue staying clipped in on the first stage and then got a little confident on the last stage and almost landed a jump in the woods. I kept it upright and no major errors so that’s a win for me! I’ll definitely be back for more next go around. This was probably ride #7 or so on my trail bike so I should probably ride that more too...lol. Thanks to @DanBrodeen and the crew that put this on it was a hoot!
70838C8E-1C17-46B9-A18C-773EB1556EC6.jpeg

This just in... 15th of 29! Dead mid pack. I’ll take it!!!

Last edited:

DanBrodeen

I don’t know where I finished but I had a great time today. Glen Park is a blast, but even more so if you know it well. I rode every stage holding back a bit but still trying to put in a good time(Since I really had no clue what I’m doing). I had an issue staying clipped in on the first stage and then got a little confident on the last stage and almost landed a jump in the woods. I kept it upright and no major errors so that’s a win for me! I’ll definitely be back for more next go around. This was probably ride #7 or so on my trail bike so I should probably ride that more too...lol. Thanks to @DanBrodeen and the crew that put this on it was a hoot!View attachment 98554

This just in... 15th of 29! Dead mid pack. I’ll take it!!!

Nice finish for your first Enduro!

Top Bottom