• Not sure, what is H1N1?

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

syncroscat

Not sure whether to get the kids the H1N1 vaccine. :hmmm:

There is going to be a clinic at SCCC.

What's everyone else doing?

THATmanMANNY

is the actual shot out yet or is it still that temporary thing?
If you're referring to the temporary don't do it.

We're not your family doctors, we ride bicycles. I suggest you ask them

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Although I am not a doctor, I was informed by my uncle who is (emergency room surgeon). He strongly recommended the shot, but definitely not the nasal spray. Like Manny said, I would definitely speak with your family Dr. for a true analysis.

Not So Fast

Brother I wouldn't do it. I don't trust the government. I feel that adding a foreign agent into our bodies without knowing the side effects is not wise. And although we are being told is vaccine is safe I don't have faith in whats being said as true. That being said, children and pregnant women have the highest rate of complications from contracting the virus.

There are lots of nurses that are balking at getting the vacination. That is probably because their jobs are mandating it and they feel that the job can not mandate such action. Others probably feel like I do.

According to the news the vius has led to deaths. It also seems that overweight children are vunerable. That's what I "think " I know so far.....:hmmm:

syncroscat

When is the clinic?

I believe it is on Nov. 1. I think it is the nasal spray. The paperwork was sent home with the kids yesterday.

Sadly, I don't think I trust the pediatricians either. I was hoping for opinions from people whose relatives are doctors, etc.

I'm mostly worried about my youngest, because she is so skinny. I'd really hate to see her barfing every half hour for a week.:puke:

Gotta go ride now...been waiting all 'in day. Hope all is well with you Reggie.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe it is on Nov. 1. I think it is the nasal spray. The paperwork was sent home with the kids yesterday.

Sadly, I don't think I trust the pediatricians either. I was hoping for opinions from people whose relatives are doctors, etc.

I'm mostly worried about my youngest, because she is so skinny. I'd really hate to see her barfing every half hour for a week.:puke:

Gotta go ride now...been waiting all 'in day. Hope all is well with you Reggie.

Thanks. All is well with me...too busy at work. I'm trying to find a babysitter for Sunday's ride at KV. I'll keep you posted if I can swing it.

liong71er

medicine in this country is controlled by the cartels .. trust no one

u really think so? coz i have my own teory too!!:)

in the meantime,here;s what i recommended:eat alot of spicy foods(chilli,jalapeno,pepers all kind of chilli) thats how you fight flu.

ArmyOfNone

My wife works for the health dept and is one of the head ppl in town working with the gvt on this issue.

From what I understand is that they are not 100% sure how bad things are going to be. H1N1 may be no worse than the seasonal flu. However schools are breeding grounds and they expect the larger amount of cases to come from the schools.

I do believe that they will be mandating all school aged children to have the vaccine. Its a two shot vaccine as well. So plan for that.

Hope that helps.

walter

Fourth Party
If you haven't heard already, Sanofi Aventis was asked to stop making the normal seasonal flu vaccine and make more of the H1n1 in preparation. My daughters school offered to give the H1n1 shot, but did not make it mandatory. We got a call from our pediatrician canceling her normal flu shot with the attitude of, "if we ever get more we'll let you know".

rlb

My fiancee is mandated by NY Dept of health to get the shot (she works in an NYC hospital). I'm not to thrilled w/ the idea but she doesn't seem to be bothered

pinkshirtphotos

I'm not getting it. People get sick, its life. If I get real sick, well then I see a doctor and get better. "Swine" flu is no different in my opinion. People have already gotten it on my campus, while I go home and play with the hogs. I even have a hog on my shirt now.

Neilism

I Owe Norm $10
Preventative medicine folks.........thorough and frequent hand washing......wide variety of well washed fruits and vegetables.......solid sleep habits and peace of mind..........
Vaccine for a variation of the flu........no thanks.

Robson

Swine flu, seasonal flu...I don't care. Once I got flu shot (while working at hospital) and I end up being sick like dog. Since then I said to myself no more shots ever.
At my son school vaccination was optional and he didn't take it.

gtluke

The Moped
1,000 people maybe have died from the news flu
100,000 people die anually of the regular flu.
Turn off the news

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My Girlfriend is an ER nurse at morristown hospital, she had to get it. A week later she came down with the worst "flu-like" virus that I have seen her have in the 5 years I have know her. Funny, when you go the ER with what you might think is swine flu, they dont test you for it since the treatment is the same. So when people ask my GF if there has been alot of cases of swine flu in the ER, she always says "I dont know" While she is not a doctor, i'll take her advice and not get the shot.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Perhaps we can combine this thread and the medicinal marijuana thread, and discuss doping for kids. I bet my daughter would at least sleep better.

No shots and no dope for us, at least not this week. Also, Luke's point is valid. Extreme News is like the new Plague. Weather.com had a "severe weather alert" a few days ago because of the possible threat of frost. Frost. WTF?

Top Bottom