Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
So I’m watching the AToC and Remi Canagna is 7:30 up on the Peloton w/40K+ to go and he’s climbing like a demon. Really impressive stuff. But holy f-k! I shit you not, he is the worst descender I’ve ever seen. Not for a pro...for anyone!!!!! Phil and CVdV are snickering. He’s death gripping the brakes and setting up wrong on almost every corner. Those weren’t my words. CVdV was even questioning if Remi understands basic Physics. Oof-a. Thankfully he’s back on the flats, cuz that was truly awful to watch.

xc62701

So I’m watching the AToC and Remi Canagna is 7:30 up on the Peloton w/40K+ to go and he’s climbing like a demon. Really impressive stuff. But holy f-k! I shit you not, he is the worst descender I’ve ever seen. Not for a pro...for anyone!!!!! Phil and CVdV are snickering. He’s death gripping the brakes and setting up wrong on almost every corner. Those weren’t my words. CVdV was even questioning if Remi understands basic Physics. Oof-a. Thankfully he’s back on the flats, cuz that was truly awful to watch.

Agreed I was gasping at every corner wondering why the second place rider wasn't gaining gobs of time with that sloppy descending. Their heckling of him was perfect.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Giro Ramifications.....

Is Dumoulin’s injury (resulting in his abandonment) going to impact his chances at the Tour?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Giro Ramifications.....

Is Dumoulin’s injury (resulting in his abandonment) going to impact his chances at the Tour?
Not sure, but it does hurt our chances of seeing him poop on the side of the road and the GC leaders attack while he does so.

Does TeeJay's mishaps further make him the Nickelback of cycling?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Does TeeJay's mishaps further make him the Nickelback of cycling?

quote of the day..... :thumbsup:
EE81A03A-9F6F-45DB-BF1D-00B350C1EB50.jpeg

TD, sponsored by Sun-Maid :)
9D356716-C078-467B-9CCA-944413F6C931.jpeg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Boy it’s weird Giro this year. Well, it’s the Giro so weird is kinda par for the course. Stages 13, 14 and 15 have REALLY shaken things up in the GC. A welcome change from the “petty in primo” show. His team is killing him. How the fuck does the number one team car abandon their top rider to take a piss this far into the stage??? You call the number two car to come up or the piss in a bottle, the cars full of them. Ridiculous. Not a surprise then when he wrecks taking risks on a bike setup wrong no for him. Stem was way short for him. He collapsed at the end of the tour, can’t tell at this point if this is going to be his MO.

I never heard of Carapaz before they hit the mountains, he’s riding impossibly strong right now. If he ever figures out the TT he’s going to win the tour some day.

Oh, anyone notice who beat Nino for his first XCO victory? Amazing.

CrankAddictRich

I haven't been on in a while... but steadily watching the Giro and the XC MTB races. The men's stuff is good, but the women's races have been so much better.

Top Bottom