Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

TJ is unfortunately proving (again) that he is not a grand tour race leader. After dropping that much time on yesterdays TT, When TT is your supposed strength, this Giro is over for him. I don't see how he can climb into the top 10.

TJ done..... again. Love it.:)

Not to cross sports, but the "Premiere League" relegates the bottom teams to a "lesser" league. Can't we do the same to TJ? Please????? :rolleyes:

TJ to Cannondale for 2 years then out of the sport?
Please no, they have to win SOMETHING, SOMEDAY...
TJ's GC hopes:
0eXeXKQ.jpg

@seanrunnette TJ's on the failboat, you overestimate the size of his boat 100x though. Maybe 1:1 with ego though?

Gotta move on from having hope for any derivation of Slipstream. Vaughters was on the VeloNews podcast this week and talked about the article written in the WSJ about the team looking for more money. He talks about sponsors not caring that much about wins other than Roubaix, Flanders, and the Tour and focusing more on outreach/athlete stories then doesn't sign Phil this year. I've given up, it's time to be a Trek Segafredo fan.

That boat definitely ain't big enough when TJ dropped another 20 minutes today.

At this point TJ is what TJ is. The problem is that no one knows what he is good at to guide his career for any sort of success.

@seanrunnette TJ's on the failboat, you overestimate the size of his boat 100x though. Maybe 1:1 with ego though?

Gotta move on from having hope for any derivation of Slipstream. Vaughters was on the VeloNews podcast this week and talked about the article written in the WSJ about the team looking for more money. He talks about sponsors not caring that much about wins other than Roubaix, Flanders, and the Tour and focusing more on outreach/athlete stories then doesn't sign Phil this year. I've given up, it's time to be a SKY fan.
Fixed it for you

Now you have gifs of it:

giphy.gif

Wouldnt be complete without some air stroking
giphy.gif

Europeans love there techo / club music, whatever category this is. You notice they all appear to know the words. If you go to any the disco tech in Europe, I bet they all doing this dance.

It looked like they were lining up and preparing for a kick-line like the Radio City Rockettes. I was expecting that at the end, not their gangsta walk.

Oh lordy, look who actually won. Shit, it is about time. Will be interesting to see since Majka is historically bad with TT's, especially flat and short.

Oh lordy, look who actually won. Shit, it is about time. Will be interesting to see since Majka is historically bad with TT's, especially flat and short.
Talking shit about my boy Majka?
Poland.gif~c200

DAEXKsfUIAEolB4.jpg

It was a great week for Rally at the ATOC with Evan Huffman nabbing two stages plus Rob Britton and Sep Kuss mixing it up in the breakaway almost daily. Rally was almost left off the startlist but ended up being the feel good story of the week while showing they were more than worthy of the invite. Hopefully Aexon Hagens Berman gets a start next year.

There's just something about the Giro. You simply don't get fireworks like that at the at The Tour.
Yes, brutal. Limping days like yesterday and the next few days end up being so controlled in le tour. maybe this year someone will be able to blow up sky?maybe if landa make the tour squad and pulls a froome/Wiggins battle.

The last few years, the Giro has picked up a reputation among the rides in the last few years of being rip-your-leg-off fast every single day. The jittery riding of the first few days has lasted the entire race. I'm not sure anyone ever identified a reason but possibly because Giro racers are all one small step from a future Tour spot and trying to prove their worth.

It makes for great TV but isn't the safest for the riders.

Also be on the lookout for TrainingPeaks screenshots when the races finishes up. Alex Howes posted this after stage 10. Huuuuuge TSS/KJ numbers.
C_9208xV0AE4KVy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom