Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

hotsauce

NBCSN manages to be worse
Remember that this is Comcast we're talking about here.

If Comcast cared even one iota about cycling, they'd have stepped in to sponsor the Philly UCI race (f/k/a Corestates) this year after funding fell through. Thankfully Battenkill stepped up to fill the date but it's still a horrible look when the UCI WWT event vanishes from the calendar the following year.

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
Just watch the Eurosport feed and be done with it.
I like to watch Sporza and pretend I know Dutch.

All of the shouting in Dutch adds a....je ne sais quoi.....to the whole experience. That, and it helps me practice those really fun "round" vowel sounds.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
tumblr_oovqoyCWo41qdw1kro1_540.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Dance, Boonen, Dance. Skip ahead to 03:15 for pure internet gold.

Now you have gifs of it:

giphy.gif

Wouldnt be complete without some air stroking
giphy.gif

Europeans love there techo / club music, whatever category this is. You notice they all appear to know the words. If you go to any the disco tech in Europe, I bet they all doing this dance.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I thought that Giro police was way over to the side, somehow those guys didn't see him.

I saw that White and Orica team were complaining that Movistar didn't sit up and wait when all the other contenders were involved in that crash. I didn't see what happened, but I think it's funny that they always complain about things like that. It's racing and shit happens in a race - the best you can do is try to minimize the likelihood of being involved in that shit if you have real aspirations. If you get caught up in it, well, too bad. Racing.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I'm all about "the comeback" but GT's TT performance after the wreck? If the name on the front was different I might be more inclined to accept it at face value praise the gutsy effort. But.... Those guys? I can't get past how much they remind me of a Bruyneel team.

Well anywhoo, half way in...... Here we go.

choop

GT is a fiesty dude. I am not terribly surprised by it. His talent as an all around rider that has done well in the classics and also stage races is a bit overlooked.

In other Giro happenings, TJ is unfortunately proving (again) that he is not a grand tour race leader. After dropping that much time on yesterdays TT, When TT is your supposed strength, this Giro is over for him. I don't see how he can climb into the top 10.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I'm all about "the comeback" but GT's TT performance after the wreck? If the name on the front was different I might be more inclined to accept it at face value praise the gutsy effort. But.... Those guys? I can't get past how much they remind me of a Bruyneel team.

Well anywhoo, half way in...... Here we go.
Marginal gains, ofcourse. That other sky rider ate it HARD.
I don't think GT will survive the last week with the climbing, and I guess we will see if Dumolin can old on and not explode like a mofo like last year. When does Nibali take his blood bag? We need some more excitement.

Top Bottom